Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tactics for Bayern game

Tactics for Bayern game

Looks like Mesut might be on the bench for this. Can't say it would surprise me. We will need three guys in the centre of midfield so as not to be overrun.

Our three defensive central midfielders will be available and could all in theory start. My worry with Xhaka, though he brings welcome height, is his temperament. Might be an option to keep Ox there with the other two.

I'd start with Alexis up front, no point playing Giroud if we're looking for fast breaks. I'd play Welbz ahead of Theo if he is fit (also good in the air), Lucas ahead of Theo if Welbz still not 100%. Get the feeling Iwobi could do something special.

Consideration should be given to playing Gabriel at right-back. What we lose in speed we gain in height and aggression in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Looks like Mesut might be on the bench for this. Can't say it would surprise me. We will need three guys in the centre of midfield so as not to be overrun.

Our three defensive central midfielders will be available and could all in theory start. My worry with Xhaka, though he brings welcome height, is his temperament. Might be an option to keep Ox there with the other two.

I'd start with Alexis up front, no point playing Giroud if we're looking for fast breaks. I'd play Welbz ahead of Theo if he is fit (also good in the air), Lucas ahead of Theo if Welbz still not 100%. Get the feeling Iwobi could do something special.

Consideration should be given to playing Gabriel at right-back. What we lose in speed we gain in height and aggression in defence.
    Tactics.

What does mean?

I would play Mezut simply because he is Mezut and our best footballer.

While perhaps a little out of sorts in recent weeks if he cannot motivate himself for a glamour CL tie with the German footballing superpower then we are ****ed.

No, you play your right back atRight back, not a centre half... just tell the 2 full backs not to go forward at the same time... simple really
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Option 1: Get thumped, sack Wenger.
    Option 2: Get more goals than Bayern
    Option 3: Rest players for the Sutton game

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    No, you play your right back atRight back, not a centre half... just tell the 2 full backs not to go forward at the same time... simple really
    Check you out with your fancy ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Check you out with your fancy ideas.
    I think us youth managers have the right idea none of this blinkered thinking like Sir C has
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes and ask them to grow a few inches just before the game.

Score more goals than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    Score more goals than they do.
    Santi Cazorla is the one who has disappointed me. With him we might have had a chance.