Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm. Someone's just suggested I've made a racist comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    i think more should be made od someone making an appt during the working day.... work shy coont
    Fair point, actually. For some reason, dentist's appointments are always considered a valid reason to fück off, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fair point, actually. For some reason, dentist's appointments are always considered a valid reason to fück off, aren't they?
    a) It's not racist anyway. You were doing a voice of someone who just had dentist work.

b) you can't be racist against the Chinese. It doesn't exist.

Someone said they would have to leave a meeting at 2.30 in order to get to a dentist's appointment. I made the standard 'tooth hurty/2.30' remark, only for someone in all seriousness to imply that that might be offensive to Chinamen.

I feel like Big Fat Ron now.
    Just thinking about that joke. If you say two thirty quickly over and over again it sounds like tooth hurty anyway - where did the Chinese bit come in - it doesn't involve the usual "l" or "r". Or maybe I am just overthinking it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just thinking about that joke. If you say two thirty quickly over and over again it sounds like tooth hurty anyway - where did the Chinese bit come in - it doesn't involve the usual "l" or "r". Or maybe I am just overthinking it
    It's an old gag LA.

I believe the original joke was 'When does a Chinaman go to the dentist?'

Tooth hurtee, innit. That's how chinamen were alleged to speak, back in the good old* days.

*Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    a) It's not racist anyway. You were doing a voice of someone who just had dentist work.

b) you can't be racist against the Chinese. It doesn't exist.
    Hmmm. What if I put a lampshade on my head, pull my eyes into slits and start saying 'Ahh-so. I am Ching-Chong Chinaman'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tooth hurtee, innit. That's how chinamen were alleged to speak, back in the good old* days.

*Racist.
    Knock Knock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Knock Knock.
    Who's there?

Hmmm. What if I put a lampshade on my head, pull my eyes into slits and start saying 'Ahh-so. I am Ching-Chong Chinaman'?
    I think it's ok.

You should apologise to him but make it sincere but as long winded as possible. and it end it with. Racism is never acceptable. it bugs me long time.