Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmmm. Someone's just suggested I've made a racist comment.

Hmmm. Someone's just suggested I've made a racist comment.

Someone said they would have to leave a meeting at 2.30 in order to get to a dentist's appointment. I made the standard 'tooth hurty/2.30' remark, only for someone in all seriousness to imply that that might be offensive to Chinamen.

I feel like Big Fat Ron now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Someone said they would have to leave a meeting at 2.30 in order to get to a dentist's appointment. I made the standard 'tooth hurty/2.30' remark, only for someone in all seriousness to imply that that might be offensive to Chinamen.

Tell the other chap, the accuser, to fúck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Tell the other chap, the accuser, to fúck off.
    Inevitably enough, it was a white, middle-class woman. The same one who hates me for admitting voting Leave. I laughed it off.

Maybe I should go into the other office to check with a Chinese lady whether or not she finds it offensive?

They can't take our toothurty gag away, b. No pasaran!

i think more should be made od someone making an appt during the working day.... work shy coont
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Better than the current scandal in my office.

someone had put a piece of toast in the secure shredding bin and the boss seems annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    i think more should be made od someone making an appt during the working day.... work shy coont
    Perhaps the person is in a lot of discomfort, perhaps 2:30 was the only appointment they could get before Thursday.

Sometimes these things happen P. The world of commerce, or journalism, ticks on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They can't take our toothurty gag away, b. No pasaran!
    Well this is what I think. This is surely an intrinsic part of our culture?

I was quite shocked that it could even be considered racist, tbh. Maybe this is how my granny felt when she asked for 'nïgger brown' wool in Allders in Croydon in the early 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Better than the current scandal in my office.

someone had put a piece of toast in the secure shredding bin and the boss seems annoyed.

Actually, shredding a piece of toast sounds quite fun.

Actually, shredding a piece of toast sounds quite fun.
    I also think it would be fun to post a slice of toast through someones letter box.