Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A little while ago a picture of some women from Sweden's "feminist government"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    3, and I can't see any of the others. 3 is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Goering had a kind face too. Appearances can be deceptive.
    Goering was alright. Certainly no nazi. He was a decent pilot and a lover of food, women and drugs who happened to be an opportunist.

Now Goebbels. He didn't have a nice face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    3, and I can't see any of the others. 3 is stunning.
    One wonders whether she survived the revolution, a. By now she may be an old crone living in the medieval ****pit that is Tehran.

Goering was alright. Certainly no nazi. He was a decent pilot and a lover of food, women and drugs who happened to be an opportunist.

Now Goebbels. He didn't have a nice face.
    Ahem, that'll be Paul Joseph Goebbels to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Ahem, that'll be Paul Joseph Goebbels to you, sir.
    Any relation?

Now that would be a story to take to The Sunday Times. '"Goebbels Was A Jew" claims Finchley Man.'

This is how women dressed in Iran in the 1970s.

Could you explain to me exactly when the drastic climate change occurred which caused these women to rush for the chador?

Attachment 462
    You're certain that there weren't any women in Iran in the 70s that wore some form of head covering? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You're certain that there weren't any women in Iran in the 70s that wore some form of head covering? Really?
    I'm sure there were some who wore some sort of head covering, as a result of religious and cultural beliefs. What I'd like to know is why, nowadays, it would be inconceivable to dress as those young ladies did in the 70s, and why 'some sort of head covering' (a mealy-mouthed, mendacious phrase, by the way) is essential in modern day Iran. I'm disagreeing with your claim that it's to do with the temperature in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This is what we do know. Western feminists cry 'sexism' at even the merest hint of attitudes, behaviours or objects/items of clothing that it is felt are imposed upon women due to a belief that women should act or dress with modesty. If a man in the west suggests women should be careful about dressing too provocatively because they might get hassled by blokes in the street, they are told they are contributing to 'rape culture'

Whether religious or cultural in origins, everyone, even you, would acknowledge that many women across the Muslim world have head/body coverings imposed upon them due to a belief in the imperative for women to act and dress modestly.
    Yes, I agree with that. My point was that I think the imposition is based more on cultural grounds than religious grounds. I've always suspected that Muslim women cover up largely because historically their countries have been violent, uncivilized places where attractive women are a pretty good target.

Any relation?

Now that would be a story to take to The Sunday Times. '"Goebbels Was A Jew" claims Finchley Man.'
    With with Goebbels and PJ Watson, I can't help feeling leeetle bit tainted by association

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, I agree with that. My point was that I think the imposition is based more on cultural grounds than religious grounds. I've always suspected that Muslim women cover up largely because historically their countries have been violent, uncivilized places where attractive women are a pretty good target.
    They cover up because if they don't, the religious police will whip them.

Fúcking hell, do you live in a box, completely isolated from any means of educating yourself?