Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baking cakes is a piece of piss

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Visit this butcher regularly, f. Form a relationship with this artisan of the cleaver. A little time spent cultivating the good will of your butcher is never wasted.
    He helped me out when I was sent out with the task to get some meat for carpaccio.
    jobs worth supermarket types would not cut it thinly enough.

One assumes that f has a good local butcher? A decently marbled sirloin is a marvellous thing.

Actually, as it's Valentine's Day, should he not go all out and choose a porterhouse?
    No such thing as a decently marbled sirloin unless it is grain-fed, Charles.

You'll be lucky to get a sniff of fat out of grass-fed sirloin.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Best of both world's sort of thing. Mind you, his glw may not wish to be confronted with a huge piece of meat on Valentine's Day.
    One dislikes pedantry, of course. But really.

One dislikes pedantry, of course. But really.
    Look. I can't help it if this fücking Mac elects to introduce errors where none would otherwise occur.

Look. I can't help it if this fücking Mac elects to introduce errors where none would otherwise occur.
    I wonder if that's wes's problem? He's still banging on about antiobiotic-laden ersatz meat. It may be his keyboard.

I wonder if that's wes's problem? He's still banging on about antiobiotic-laden ersatz meat. It may be his keyboard.
    Isn't that the mushy stuff you get from animals who've been virtually imprisoned for their entire lives? Perhaps he also loves battery-farmed chicken?

Isn't that the mushy stuff you get from animals who've been virtually imprisoned for their entire lives? Perhaps he also loves battery-farmed chicken?
    Yes, it's designed for Americans who lack the concentration required to chew their food. They should just blend it and suck it through a straw.

Yes, it's designed for Americans who lack the concentration required to chew their food. They should just blend it and suck it through a straw.
    Odd, isn't it? They spend vast fortunes on their rather weird-looking teeth and then choose not to use them.

No, it's the best steak in world because it is rippling with fat and as we all know from our training at Manoir Quat Saisons - 'fat is flavour'.

Grass fed beef is acceptable, of course, but very much the poorer cousin of grain fed. It needs a good long marinade and a very high heat in order to make it palatable.

Still, I'm sure it suits your limited palates, what with you wanting to chew away on it for hours.