Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baking cakes is a piece of piss

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sirloin is easier to judge in terms of the cuissance, though. A sirloin must, of course, be an inch thick.
    I agree. And a good sirloin can be a joyous thing. The problem with sirloin, though, can be the lack of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I agree. And a good sirloin can be a joyous thing. The problem with sirloin, though, can be the lack of fat.
    One assumes that f has a good local butcher? A decently marbled sirloin is a marvellous thing.

Actually, as it's Valentine's Day, should he not go all out and choose a porterhouse?

One assumes that f has a good local butcher? A decently marbled sirloin is a marvellous thing.

Actually, as it's Valentine's Day, should he not go all out and choose a porterhouse?
    There is a good one nearby. Though it creeps me out slightly as it has pigs heads in the window.

Yes. Best of both world's sort of thing. Mind you, his glw may not wish to be confronted with a huge piece of meat on Valentine's Day.

Yes. Best of both world's sort of thing. Mind you, his glw may not wish to be confronted with a huge piece of meat on Valentine's Day.
    I'll stroll through with 2 plates. now then now then now then.
    I'll slap it down on the table and say how's about that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There is a good one nearby. Though it creeps me out slightly as it has pigs heads in the window.
    Pigs' heads hold no fear for me, f. I have stripped the still warm flesh from one before breakfast after a skinful of booze and four hours' sleep. Once a man's done that, he's ready for most things.

Visit this butcher regularly, f. Form a relationship with this artisan of the cleaver. A little time spent cultivating the good will of your butcher is never wasted.

I'll stroll through with 2 plates. now then now then now then.
    I'll slap it down on the table and say how's about that then.
    Who better to bring to mind on Valentine's Day than that incurable romantic Sir Jingle-Jangle Jim himself?

You ought to wear a medallion, a gold string vest and tiny athletic shorts to complete the picture, f.

Pigs' heads hold no fear for me, f. I have stripped the still warm flesh from one before breakfast after a skinful of booze and four hours' sleep. Once a man's done that, he's ready for most things.
    You did not, however, suck the green foam from his nostril.

You did not, however, suck the green foam from his nostril.
    No. But that was the night before when we were emboldened by drink and substances. I believe I displayed what Napoleon called '4 O'Clock in the morning courage' (albeit at about 8.30).