Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir C how was your Sexy lamb and lentils?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What sort of kitchen illiterate doesn't have a deep fryer? How else does one make chips efficiently and quickly?

I won't use it for the chicken, though. A deep saucepan and a thermometer works, and saves the deep fryer from becoming mankified with chicken bits.
    The missus won't let me buy one. She hates the smell of the oil and claims it infests the kitchen.

You know, in all my years in England I have yet to find a restaurant that deep fries its chicken wings. And baking them is heinous.

I trust you know the buffalo wing recipe? 2/3 Durkee Franks hot sauce, 1/3 melted butter, wings served with blue cheese dressing on the side?

God I need to be in a sports bar in NY right now.

It's not so much the oil as the thought of all the meat ming clinging to the sides of the bowl. You can't exactly wash it, can you?

Mind you, I do chuck the thing away and replace it every 6 months.

Well yes, one can wash it. Mine comes apart to its various constituents, virtually all of which can go in the dishwasher. It's a DeLonghi, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I'm just resigned o the fact that one has to change the oil virtually every time one uses it, tbh.
    Really? Chap I knew in Toronto claimed to make the best fries ever in his deep fat fryer. He would change the oil, make a batch, throw them away and then make another batch.

His view was that the best fries had to be made with 'used' oil as such.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The missus won't let me buy one. She hates the smell of the oil and claims it infests the kitchen.

You know, in all my years in England I have yet to find a restaurant that deep fries its chicken wings. And baking them is heinous.

I trust you know the buffalo wing recipe? 2/3 Durkee Franks hot sauce, 1/3 melted butter, wings served with blue cheese dressing on the side?

God I need to be in a sports bar in NY right now.
    You must take control of your woman. A deep fat fryer makes life better. Some people have them set up in the garage, or utility room, that sort of thing, but modern ones tend to keep the smell in.

Yes, there's a decent 'How to cook perfect buffalo wings' article by Felicity Cloake in the Guardian which works well for me.

Here's an idea: fvck the roast chicken out the window for once. Stand your ground and tell your woman that NO, she may not have roast chicken on Sunday for once because it's tedious.

This will, of course, involve you retrieving your testes from her handbag first
    She is the love of my life, b. I exist only to please her. One milligram of her happiness is worth 10 tonnes of my own to me. I would prepare her roast chicken every day if she asked, and I would do it with a smile and a cheerful heart.

She's still not getting bread sauce though. Fúck that.

Well yes, one can wash it. Mine comes apart to its various constituents, virtually all of which can go in the dishwasher. It's a DeLonghi, I think.
    Same same. You can't wash the meat germ infested heating element bit, though.

She is the love of my life, b. I exist only to please her. One milligram of her happiness is worth 10 tonnes of my own to me. I would prepare her roast chicken every day if she asked, and I would do it with a smile and a cheerful heart.

She's still not getting bread sauce though. Fúck that.
    Ah, I see. You're worried she might be lurking.

You must take control of your woman. A deep fat fryer makes life better. Some people have them set up in the garage, or utility room, that sort of thing, but modern ones tend to keep the smell in.

Yes, there's a decent 'How to cook perfect buffalo wings' article by Felicity Cloake in the Guardian which works well for me.
    Hmmm - I may have to float the garage idea past her, no way will I get one in the kitchen.

Do you know they're called buffalo wings because they were popularized in Buffalo, NY? An absolute sh1thole of a city in the middle of the snow belt in upper NY state. We used to drive down there just to have the wings. The standard sports bar back then in Buffalo had no menu. If you asked for one they laughed and said 'we have wings and we have pizza. Tell us how hot you want the wings and what you want on your pizza'.

Pitchers of lager, buckets of hot wings, plates of pizza and the NFL games on about 25 screens.

Same same. You can't wash the meat germ infested heating element bit, though.
    You can give it a good scrub, though. And you're aware that the oil heats up to 200 degrees C, yes? Enough to kill pretty much any germ at all?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hmmm - I may have to float the garage idea past her, no way will I get one in the kitchen.

Do you know they're called buffalo wings because they were popularized in Buffalo, NY? An absolute sh1thole of a city in the middle of the snow belt in upper NY state. We used to drive down there just to have the wings. The standard sports bar back then in Buffalo had no menu. If you asked for one they laughed and said 'we have wings and we have pizza. Tell us how hot you want the wings and what you want on your pizza'.

Pitchers of lager, buckets of hot wings, plates of pizza and the NFL games on about 25 screens.
    Presumably, some poor b@stard had to not drink?