Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir C how was your Sexy lamb and lentils?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sir C how was your Sexy lamb and lentils?

I had pork belly.

I will eat like a pig for 2 more days then onto my regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I had pork belly.

I will eat like a pig for 2 more days then onto my regime.
    Actually it was rather good. The lentils were a warm, comforting triumph. I cooked them in some good beef stock I made earlier in the week, then softened the soffrito with plenty of garlic, cumin and turmeric, then popped in the lentils with a splash of double cream and finished with lemon zest and parsley. Happy days.

I have just had an Ocado delivery. This week I ordered a load of food at random to play Ready, Steady, Cook for a few days. So I have:

1 x enormous shoulder of pork
    16 x chicken wings
    1 x beef mince
    1 x veal mnce
    1 x chicken
    1 x pack of massive hot dogs

I can feel a chilli coming on, certainly. A roast chicken on Sunday to keep the glw happy. Buffalo wings, perhaps?

That shoulder, though. Slow cook it and pull it? Roast it? Some sort of curry? Hmm.

Buffalo wings?

You have a deep fryer?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Buffalo wings?

You have a deep fryer?
    What sort of kitchen illiterate doesn't have a deep fryer? How else does one make chips efficiently and quickly?

I won't use it for the chicken, though. A deep saucepan and a thermometer works, and saves the deep fryer from becoming mankified with chicken bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What sort of kitchen illiterate doesn't have a deep fryer? How else does one make chips efficiently and quickly?

I won't use it for the chicken, though. A deep saucepan and a thermometer works, and saves the deep fryer from becoming mankified with chicken bits.
    Oh, I'm just resigned o the fact that one has to change the oil virtually every time one uses it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I'm just resigned o the fact that one has to change the oil virtually every time one uses it, tbh.
    It's not so much the oil as the thought of all the meat ming clinging to the sides of the bowl. You can't exactly wash it, can you?

Mind you, I do chuck the thing away and replace it every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Really? Chap I knew in Toronto claimed to make the best fries ever in his deep fat fryer. He would change the oil, make a batch, throw them away and then make another batch.

His view was that the best fries had to be made with 'used' oil as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

The missus won't let me buy one. She hates the smell of the oil and claims it infests the kitchen.

You know, in all my years in England I have yet to find a restaurant that deep fries its chicken wings. And baking them is heinous.

I trust you know the buffalo wing recipe? 2/3 Durkee Franks hot sauce, 1/3 melted butter, wings served with blue cheese dressing on the side?

God I need to be in a sports bar in NY right now.

The missus won't let me buy one. She hates the smell of the oil and claims it infests the kitchen.

You know, in all my years in England I have yet to find a restaurant that deep fries its chicken wings. And baking them is heinous.

I trust you know the buffalo wing recipe? 2/3 Durkee Franks hot sauce, 1/3 melted butter, wings served with blue cheese dressing on the side?

You must take control of your woman. A deep fat fryer makes life better. Some people have them set up in the garage, or utility room, that sort of thing, but modern ones tend to keep the smell in.

Yes, there's a decent 'How to cook perfect buffalo wings' article by Felicity Cloake in the Guardian which works well for me.

Costco do a massive tray of buffalo wings for £5 something they are ace.