Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir C how was your Sexy lamb and lentils?

Sir C how was your Sexy lamb and lentils?

I had pork belly.

I will eat like a pig for 2 more days then onto my regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I had pork belly.

I will eat like a pig for 2 more days then onto my regime.
    Actually it was rather good. The lentils were a warm, comforting triumph. I cooked them in some good beef stock I made earlier in the week, then softened the soffrito with plenty of garlic, cumin and turmeric, then popped in the lentils with a splash of double cream and finished with lemon zest and parsley. Happy days.

I have just had an Ocado delivery. This week I ordered a load of food at random to play Ready, Steady, Cook for a few days. So I have:

1 x enormous shoulder of pork
    16 x chicken wings
    1 x beef mince
    1 x veal mnce
    1 x chicken
    1 x pack of massive hot dogs

I can feel a chilli coming on, certainly. A roast chicken on Sunday to keep the glw happy. Buffalo wings, perhaps?

That shoulder, though. Slow cook it and pull it? Roast it? Some sort of curry? Hmm.

Buffalo wings?

You have a deep fryer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually it was rather good. The lentils were a warm, comforting triumph. I cooked them in some good beef stock I made earlier in the week, then softened the soffrito with plenty of garlic, cumin and turmeric, then popped in the lentils with a splash of double cream and finished with lemon zest and parsley. Happy days.

I have just had an Ocado delivery. This week I ordered a load of food at random to play Ready, Steady, Cook for a few days. So I have:

1 x enormous shoulder of pork
    16 x chicken wings
    1 x beef mince
    1 x veal mnce
    1 x chicken
    1 x pack of massive hot dogs

I can feel a chilli coming on, certainly. A roast chicken on Sunday to keep the glw happy. Buffalo wings, perhaps?

That shoulder, though. Slow cook it and pull it? Roast it? Some sort of curry? Hmm.
    I'm not convinced by the whole 'pulled pork' BBQ thing. Too sweet.

Here's what I'd do with a pork shoulder. Rub it with fennel, salt and pepper, slow roast it (overnight is best), then whack up the heat at the end to get top crackling. Then tear bits off it and the crackling off and serve on a bed of potato and butternut squash mash with crispy onions and a jus made from the cooking juices.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Buffalo wings?

You have a deep fryer?
    What sort of kitchen illiterate doesn't have a deep fryer? How else does one make chips efficiently and quickly?

I won't use it for the chicken, though. A deep saucepan and a thermometer works, and saves the deep fryer from becoming mankified with chicken bits.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Buffalo wings?

You have a deep fryer?
    What sort of a cook doesn't possess a deep fat fryer?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not convinced by the whole 'pulled pork' BBQ thing. Too sweet.

Here's what I'd do with a pork shoulder. Rub it with fennel, salt and pepper, slow roast it (overnight is best), then whack up the heat at the end to get top crackling. Then tear bits off it and crackling off and serve on a bed of potato and butternut squash mash with crispy onions and a jus made from the cooking juices.

You're welcome.
    I do lots of pulled pork in the summer using the barbie as a smoker; the secret is to wind back on the sugar so that it isn't too sweet

Your suggestion sounds delightful. I just wonder whether, given the inevitability of the roast chicken on Sunday, a different roasted meat on Saturday won't seem a bit samey?

What sort of kitchen illiterate doesn't have a deep fryer? How else does one make chips efficiently and quickly?

I won't use it for the chicken, though. A deep saucepan and a thermometer works, and saves the deep fryer from becoming mankified with chicken bits.
    Oh, I'm just resigned o the fact that one has to change the oil virtually every time one uses it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I'm just resigned o the fact that one has to change the oil virtually every time one uses it, tbh.
    It's not so much the oil as the thought of all the meat ming clinging to the sides of the bowl. You can't exactly wash it, can you?

Mind you, I do chuck the thing away and replace it every 6 months.

I do lots of pulled pork in the summer using the barbie as a smoker; the secret is to wind back on the sugar so that it isn't too sweet

Your suggestion sounds delightful. I just wonder whether, given the inevitability of the roast chicken on Sunday, a different roasted meat on Saturday won't seem a bit samey?
    Here's an idea: fvck the roast chicken out the window for once. Stand your ground and tell your woman that NO, she may not have roast chicken on Sunday for once because it's tedious.

This will, of course, involve you retrieving your testes from her handbag first