Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All this Yankee food talk means I MUST go to Goodmans for lunch

All this Yankee food talk means I MUST go to Goodmans for lunch

Goodmans ribeye done medium rare with creamed spinach or the Goodmans burger done medium with cheese and bacon with chips cooked in duck fat on the side?

What say ye AWIMB?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Goodmans ribeye done medium rare with creamed spinach or the Goodmans burger done medium with cheese and bacon with chips cooked in duck fat on the side?

What say ye AWIMB?
    Will they give you that grain-fed mush? Go for the burger. And lose the bacon. There's no place for bacon near a burger.

What say ye AWIMB?
    Is it good. I find a lot of pretend Yankee establishments in London are awful.

On a separate note Mr End Stella. This popularity of Poutine in the whole of Canada and outside of Canada is a recent phenomenon? There was even a poutine stall going around London.

I don't recall seeing it every where when I visited Canada in the past. Now it's every bloody where.
    That being said I had some amazing stuff down by the waterfront in Halfiax

Maybe I will head to Spitalfields at lunch for this.

https://twitter.com/ThePoutinerie

What say ye AWIMB?
    Creamed spinach? Isn't that baby food?

And there's absolutely no need to cook chips in duck fat. All that means is that your chips taste of duck fat. You'd be better off with lard or beef dripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Good Lord. :curds:

Well if you don't mind trying to eat cheesy chips and gravy standing up while being jostled by every other office worker in London, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well if you don't mind trying to eat cheesy chips and gravy standing up while being jostled by every other office worker in London, I suppose
    It's Friday so the city is not as bad. You can see a difference the tube and trains are not as packed.
    I think it's half term next week too which has an effect.

Is it good. I find a lot of pretend Yankee establishments in London are awful.

On a separate note Mr End Stella. This popularity of Poutine in the whole of Canada and outside of Canada is a recent phenomenon? There was even a poutine stall going around London.

I don't recall seeing it every where when I visited Canada in the past. Now it's every bloody where.
    That being said I had some amazing stuff down by the waterfront in Halfiax
    Poutine was always popular but you had to look for it, now it's so de rigeur that you find poutine places everywhere with endless variations. Being of the traditional mode, it was all I could do to just get a plane poutine.

Kids loved it was well, top class comfort food is poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good Lord. :curds:
    Check out Recep Erdogan over here