Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lordy. but there's some whining going on about yesterday's Brexit vote.

Lordy. but there's some whining going on about yesterday's Brexit vote.

I must say that, while I have huge sympathy for any uncertainty foreign nationals feel at the moment (although we're obviously not going to kick them out, but even the merest hint of a possibility can't be much fun), there really wasn't a choice other than to vote that way.

Pretty much anyone else moaning can fûck right off, though.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-09-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I must say that, while I have huge sympathy for any uncertainty foreign nationals feel at the moment (although we're obviously not going to kick them out, but even the merest hint of a possibility can't be much fun), there really wasn't a choice other than to vote that way.

Yes people really should just know their place and quietly accept everything forced upon them

You must be quite unhappy though - Corbyn surely has shot his foot, knees, *******s and all off. Was looking on Twitter as that tweet came up. These days it takes a lot to shock but that really was a piece of such spectacular ineptitude he must really want to get out of the job
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-09-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes people really should just know their place and quietly accept everything forced upon them
    Beat me to that one. Amazing the way Burney will rail against things the government has done that he disagrees with but when people protest a decision they dislike they should just 'f*ck right off' and accept it.

I'm sure there were people like you in Czechoslovakia, 1937. Ancient Rome, 475 AD. Just chillin while your country goes to hell. And you never pay a price. The Visigoths come strolling in and you are waving the Visigothic flag. Quislings, enemies of the national will, the blood and the soil.

Just messing with you man, what the hell do I care.

Says the boards biggest moaner
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I'm sure there were people like you in Czechoslovakia, 1937. Ancient Rome, 475 AD. Just chillin while your country goes to hell. And you never pay a price. The Visigoths come strolling in and you are waving the Visigothic flag. Quislings, enemies of the national will, the blood and the soil.

The visigoths might be a welcome relief right now

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

You must be quite unhappy though - Corbyn surely has shot his foot, knees, *******s and all off. Was looking on Twitter as that tweet came up. These days it takes a lot to shock but that really was a piece of such spectacular ineptitude he must really want to get out of the jon
    Surely at some point a degree of dignified acceptance of the result is required, though? You don't have to like it, but it is happening, you're not changing it and perhaps it might be time to get on with things rather than sitting around calling everyone else racist Little Englanders and telling us all how ashamed you are to be British because you didn't get your way, which is just a bit fûcking tiresome and childish, but seems to be the default position today (not talking about you, btw).

As to Corbyn, he's an unbelievable fûck-up machine, isn't he? Apart from that tweet, I also love his appalling timing as he managed to have his most effective and damaging PMQs on the same day that it was bound to end up being ignored on the news agenda.
    I think there is a serious worry for the Tories that he might actually go, but if he didn't go after the referendum, why would he go now?

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post

You clearly understand the square root of fûck all about the issue, though. I'm mystified as to why you keep banging on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Beat me to that one. Amazing the way Burney will rail against things the government has done that he disagrees with but when people protest a decision they dislike they should just 'f*ck right off' and accept it.
    Oh, the protesting didn't bother me in the least (although here's a hint: next time try protesting before the referendum rather than afterwards ).
    No, my issue is with people who lose a battle comprehensively and then simply keep banging on about why they should have won it really and how it's not fair and everyone else is horrible except them. It's the childishness I dislike - the petulant refusal to accept the world as it is rather than as they want it to be. Adult argument about the way forward is fine, but simply pissing and bitching about reality and wallowing in hysterical pessimistic fantasy is just tiresome.

Surely at some point a degree of dignified acceptance of the result is required, though? You don't have to like it, but it is happening, you're not changing it and perhaps it might be time to get on with things rather than sitting around calling everyone else racist Little Englanders and telling us all how ashamed you are to be British because you didn't get your way, which is just a bit fûcking tiresome and childish, but seems to be the default position today (not talking about you, btw).

As to Corbyn, he's an unbelievable fûck-up machine, isn't he? Apart from that tweet, I also love his appalling timing as he managed to have his most effective and damaging PMQs on the same day that it was bound to end up being ignored on the news agenda.
    I think there is a serious worry for the Tories that he might actually go, but if he didn't go after the referendum, why would he go now?
    I do think there is a distinction between people who have valid points to make (still) and moaning, but yes, the overall tone of the latter has undoubtedly been harmful when it gives your opponents an easy target to attack and clouds the issues - and while it annoys me intensely, the Remoaners tag was a clever piece of jargon.

Corbyn is quite amazing - Labour must realise it is damage limitation time. The next election is a formality so actually keeping him is their best bet then a new leader can come in relatively untarnished