Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: These virtue signallers who reply to Donald Trump on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, the D will be fine, I reckon. Only worry is his advanced years, imo
    Yes. If he gets elected again, he will be a right old cünt by the time he leaves office.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Think Ian Harvey on Facebook. "Look at me calling Theresa May a nazi and weeping about homeless people. LOOK HOW MUCH MORE VIRTUOUS I AM THAN YOU!"
    Ah, got it in one.

Have to say, that is an absolutely cracking definition, Charles. You chose well there. God I hate Ian Harvey on the internet.

Nice enough chap in person, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ah, got it in one.

Have to say, that is an absolutely cracking definition, Charles. You chose well there. God I hate Ian Harvey on the internet.

Nice enough chap in person, mind.
    I had to remove any link with him on the internet, lest I be moved to track him down and kill him.

I had to remove any link with him on the internet, lest I be moved to track him down and kill him.
    Glad it's not just me:

IanH: Theresa May hates the poor!
    WES: How do you know this Ian?
    IanH: Take a look at her voting record!
    WES: Well yes but she might have legitimate reasons for that that are not because she hates the poor
    IanH: She hates the poor you idiot, can't you read?
    WES: It just lists her voting record, Ian, it doesn't explain her rational
    IanH: She hates the poor, you must be stupid!
    WES: Bye Ian

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Glad it's not just me:

IanH: Theresa May hates the poor!
    WES: How do you know this Ian?
    IanH: Take a look at her voting record!
    WES: Well yes but she might have legitimate reasons for that that are not because she hates the poor
    IanH: She hates the poor you idiot, can't you read?
    WES: It just lists her voting record, Ian, it doesn't explain her rational
    IanH: She hates the poor, you must be stupid!
    WES: Bye Ian
    That brings back memories of arguing with him on here.

The immediate ascribing of motive to action is a classic tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That brings back memories of arguing with him on here.

The immediate ascribing of motive to action is a classic tactic.
    I also tried to explain to him that the categories themselves implied bias. There was a 'who has voted against welfare increases' section that was filled with Tories but not a 'who has voted against increased security to prevent terrorism' section that was filled with Corbyn and his allies.

Ian didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Trouble is, everyone's gone mental these days. Social media feels like being trapped at Speaker's Corner with umpteen loonies raving nonsense at you.
    Yes, they call it the "megaphone". Everything is so loud and overwhelming that points of view cannot even be heard, let alone discussed. That's why it required the Donald's mainstream celebrity status, not to mention his elephant's hide, to cut through it. Not one of his dozen or more rivals for the nomination could have played it that way. Or would've even wanted or dared to try.

Further, the level of self-censorship among established conservatives is an absurd charade of fearful self-sabotaging (at least since the end of Reagan's second term), to the point that there's no need for progressives to control the opposition themselves, Lenin-style, anymore, because that opposition has essentially neutered itself already. Indeed resistance has become practically indistinguishable from whole-hearted support.

The only way conservatives can win any argument nowadays is by joining the opposition. Nonetheless, they are an important player in the game, if only that their near-constant defeat helps legitimise a competing agenda.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, they have debased the word 'racist' to me 'someone who disagrees with me', and now the label 'fascist' is bandied with the very gayest of abandon.

It's almost as if it's time for a real fascist to come along and actually empty the swamp. (Kill all liberals, I mean.) Possibly a little extreme.
    You're bang on about the word racist being over-used to such a degree that it's lost all power.

There was an excellent series on R4 at the start of the year called 'The New World.' One part was made by the Guardian's excellent John Harris (imo the best left-wing journo in the country.)

Among the many experts interviewed, two (starting 23'20" in), from both sides of the Atlantic, discuss this very point. They say that the word has not only become impotent, but that the proles now see the term being used solely when the elite want to silence discussion. It's nothing more than their attempt to press the mute button.

So the PC brigade, by bleating racist all the time, have had a completely counter-productive effect. They have cried wolf so many times that people are no longer silenced by the term, and it means that what used to be taboo is now acceptable for discussion. This means people are saying what they never would have previously, and finding that the far right parties are saying the same.

A poll of ten European countries (incl GB) found 55% don't want any more Muslim immigrants. (And most of the rest were don't know as opposed to disagree.)

And now, the mainstream parties are moving to the right and introducing racist policies. So the PC brigade have made things worse by shouting racist, for immigrants and the countries as a whole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04m7t49

Racist nowadays means being unwilling to change your lifestyle to that which other more inflexible people want to impose on you. Plus those of us who always suppored equality are also racist now, because we do not accept that whites are inferiors or should be discriminated against by reason of their whiteness.

In the same way as you are a homophobe unless you worship at the altar of the broken rectum and accept that heterosexuality is dirty and inferior and it is ridiculous to suggest that nature requires a male and female to get together for procreation. Or that gender fluidity is as stupid as someone playing at being a different animal each day.
    Last edited by Mo Britain less Europe; 02-12-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You're bang on about the word racist being over-used to such a degree that it's lost all power.

There was an excellent series on R4 at the start of the year called 'The New World.' One part was made by the Guardian's excellent John Harris (imo the best left-wing journo in the country.)

Among the many experts interviewed, two (starting 23'20" in), from both sides of the Atlantic, discuss this very point. They say that the word has not only become impotent, but that the proles now see the term being used solely when the elite want to silence discussion. It's nothing more than their attempt to press the mute button.

So the PC brigade, by bleating racist all the time, have had a completely counter-productive effect. They have cried wolf so many times that people are no longer silenced by the term, and it means that what used to be taboo is now acceptable for discussion. This means people are saying what they never would have previously, and finding that the far right parties are saying the same.

A poll of ten European countries (incl GB) found 55% don't want any more Muslim immigrants. (And most of the rest were don't know as opposed to disagree.)

And now, the mainstream parties are moving to the right and introducing racist policies. So the PC brigade have made things worse by shouting racist, for immigrants and the countries as a whole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04m7t49
    Well said g. I agree with your point about John Harris, as well. A beacon of reason amongst the ideologues.