Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These virtue signallers who reply to Donald Trump on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everyone understands that but the charge winds people up no end. Silly not to lay it on a thickly as possible, under those circs.
    It can only wind people up if it still means something, though. Using it like this removes its power, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, they have debased the word 'racist' to me 'someone who disagrees with me', and now the label 'fascist' is bandied with the very gayest of abandon.

It's almost as if it's time for a real fascist to come along and actually empty the swamp. (Kill all liberals, I mean.) Possibly a little extreme.
    FAKENEWS is also becoming that. Whenever i see it now i can't be sure if it actually is fakenews or someone just using the term to be dismissive of something that doesn't support their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It can only wind people up if it still means something, though. Using it like this removes its power, I'd have thought.
    Not really because the people who say it and believe it are eternally invested in the idea anyway. Maybe one day, things will turn but this one has some legs left still, I feel.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    FAKENEWS is also becoming that. Whenever i see it now i can't be sure if it actually is fakenews or someone just using the term to be dismissive of something that doesn't support their views.
    Oh really? How do I know you didn't just make that up, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    #FakeNews is great because it actually works both ways, while helping to cement the idea that there's not really such a thing as *real* news, in any case.

Which, if you are the Donald, say, is the whole point.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Yes, they have debased the word 'racist' to me 'someone who disagrees with me', and now the label 'fascist' is bandied with the very gayest of abandon.

It's almost as if it's time for a real fascist to come along and actually empty the swamp. (Kill all liberals, I mean.) Possibly a little extreme.
    Trouble is, everyone's gone mental these days. Social media feels like being trapped at Speaker's Corner with umpteen loonies raving nonsense at you.

#FakeNews is great because it actually works both ways, while helping to cement the idea that there's not really such a thing as *real* news, in any case.

If Donald continues to divide and destabilise the US at this rate, would it not make sense for us to re-take control of the ex-colocy? I'm sure a few good lads, ex Paras or 21 and 23, should be able to take the Oval Office and the TV station building in an afternoon?

What say you r? Want to put a crew together?

I use it when confronted by my wife with the fact that I haven't taken the bins out. I think the Donald would approve.

If Donald continues to divide and destabilise the US at this rate, would it not make sense for us to re-take control of the ex-colocy? I'm sure a few good lads, ex Paras or 21 and 23, should be able to take the Oval Office and the TV station building in an afternoon?

What say you r? Want to put a crew together?
    No, the D will be fine, I reckon. Only worry is his advanced years, imo

Have you got fake hands r ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.