Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He seems to have changed his tune ..

He seems to have changed his tune ..

Or at least modified it a little ..

“I want the fans to be behind the team. But at the same time, I am not fool enough not to know that the first priority is us and our dynamic inside the team that will create and facilitate the support of our fans. That is down to the quality of our performance.”
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Or at least modified it a little ..

“I want the fans to be behind the team. But at the same time, I am not fool enough not to know that the first priority is us and our dynamic inside the team that will create and facilitate the support of our fans. That is down to the quality of our performance.”
    What you jibbering on about now?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What you jibbering on about now?
    In the past, I've always got the impression He was rather dismissive of the ability of supporters to influence our performances. Unless it suited Him..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

In the past, I've always got the impression He was rather dismissive of the ability of supporters to influence our performances. Unless it suited Him..
    Does anyone care what he says any more? Before every game we have great spirit, belief and are mentally strong. When we lose we then lacked a little bit mentally ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Does anyone care what he says any more? Before every game we have great spirit, belief and are mentally strong. When we lose we then lacked a little bit mentally ....
    Exactly. There is no point listening to him.

Think you need to read the quote again. Where does he say anything about the ability of supporters to influence our performances?

He says that to convince the team that it's true, not to convince us. Obviously.

Think you need to read the quote again. Where does he say anything about the ability of supporters to influence our performances?
    This bit I think
    I am not fool

I'm fascinated by the fact that actually all managers, in all circumstances, each sing the same song. Even the younger ones. I do cling, though, to the idea that Wenger is different, however he *has* been in the same job for a very long time.

Now He seems to be in a similar position to Robert de Niro, in the sense that when he (de Niro) goes to hang around with policemen, say, in order to study their behaviour in preparation for a role, he will discover that those same officials have actually modelled their behaviour on his, and have been doing so for years. By now, he will clearly know more about being a cop than the cops themselves do

NOT in this quote, no. I'm saying He has referred to the phenomenon in the past.