Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smudger

Smudger

Not sure if the writer has got that entirely right. All Arsenal fans will remember Smudger almost touching the ball
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Not sure if the writer has got that entirely right. All Arsenal fans will remember Smudger almost touching the ball
    Is that the Awimb book that's quoted in there?

“The biggest falsehood is that I actually briefly raised my flag and that this was the cause of the protests,” Barnwell said when interviewed in 2005 for the book ‘It’s Up For Grabs Now’.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Is that the Awimb book that's quoted in there?

“The biggest falsehood is that I actually briefly raised my flag and that this was the cause of the protests,” Barnwell said when interviewed in 2005 for the book ‘It’s Up For Grabs Now’.
    Good spot - it sounds about right for the time. I've got it somewhere, in the loft I think...

Good spot - it sounds about right for the time. I've got it somewhere, in the loft I think...
    I should probably remember given that I did the interview with him!

Funnily enough I pulled out a copy the other day as my mum was badgering me about trying to get involved in the film project.

It's a great read.

Weirdest thing I've ever heard about that game is Liverpool fans hating us for winning it when we were supposed to lose because Hillsborough. I've even seen them pretty much suggest we ought to have rolled over and that not doing so was somehow disrespectful to the 96

I should probably remember given that I did the interview with him!

Funnily enough I pulled out a copy the other day as my mum was badgering me about trying to get involved in the film project.

It's a great read.
    albeit most of the awimbers interviewed are long gone now

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Weirdest thing I've ever heard about that game is Liverpool fans hating us for winning it when we were supposed to lose because Hillsborough. I've even seen them pretty much suggest we ought to have rolled over and that not doing so was somehow disrespectful to the 96
    Perhaps we could have had european glory in the years English clubs were banned because of them.

All Liverpoo fans are cùnts, B. To a man. Including my wife.

I think crushing their hopes right at the death was a bit insensitive

I think crushing their hopes right at the death was a bit insensitive
    Yeah, it left us with a lot of fences to mend.