Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: We will not be buying Joe Hart anyway #WengerPresser

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nonsense. I tell them on the way up, I say, 'I'm going to climb you and then I'm going to fúck you.' This causes the glw to mutter grim warnings about angering the mountain, but I haven't been beaten yet.
    It sounds a bit...well...rapey, to be honest. Are the mountains consenting?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It sounds a bit...well...rapey, to be honest. Are the mountains consenting?
    Of course they're not, that's the whole point! Like all good sex, it is a matter of overpowering the victim by physical force.

Years ago I did suggest to R a Viz sketch by that name that would involve Wainwright forever climbing up mountains in search of a quiet one off the wrist, only to be constantly interrupted by hikers, dogs, picnickers and the like. It quite tickled me at the time.
    Very nice. I shall forever keep that image with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course they're not, that's the whole point! Like all good sex, it is a matter of overpowering the victim by physical force.
    And hoping your knees hold up.

Not really. They are proud protuberances penetrating the sky, surely? Basically, by climbing them, you are taking the female part and worshipping the regenerative phallic principle.

They're more like boobies. Earth goddess and all that.

Especially Bow Fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

They're more like boobies. Earth goddess and all that.

Especially Bow Fell.

Mrs a will not be happy if you tell her you think that looks like her upstairs arrangements, a.

Mind you, you're right. Grand Teton and all that.

Mrs a will not be happy if you tell her you think that looks like her upstairs arrangements, a.

Mind you, you're right. Grand Teton and all that.
    Oh, we* always mention that resemblance when we pick it out on the skyline from another fell.

*Possibly just me.

Funnily enough, when we passed near the famous 'Bishop of Barf' rock while descending from Barf, near Bassenthwaite Lake, she observed that it looked more like a phallus than a bishop. I didn't explain the sometimes-used pseudomym.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, we* always mention that resemblance when we pick it out on the skyline from another fell.

*Possibly just me.

Funnily enough, when we passed near the famous 'Bishop of Barf' rock while descending from Barf, near Bassenthwaite Lake, she observed that it looked more like a phallus than a bishop. I didn't explain the sometimes-used pseudomym.

I'm concerned about the state of your phallus now, a.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have always personally though the League more important than CL and put more value in (hoping to) win the thing.

Others I know are almost obsessed with European success as it is largely seen as being the pinnacle of club football, certainly players seem to think so. It is also missing from our CV and is one reason why we will continue to be seen or deemed below others.

The FA Cup will no doubt at all take care of itself as you say, until the next round that is.

I think we can over two legs beat Bayern but we will need to be at our very best in both games, especially the very key players. Koscielny for example has been pish the last few matches but gets overlooked because he is Koscielny and is exempt from the massive scrutiny of other players.
    As ever in life and in love, the difficult stuff we can do right now, however the impossible may take time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."