Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We will not be buying Joe Hart anyway #WengerPresser

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I wonder if the manager knows what his best eleven is? I'm not sure it's even about the best eleven players, as about ones that play together as a team, which we have struggled to do for some time. We don't have a functioning midfield, we can't adapt quickly enough between zipping it around a mobile front three, or hoofing it up / whipping it in to the big lad (until desperation sets in at the end). Our first choice keeper is looking ropey. We don't have a proper backup RB and we miss Bellerin. Actually we do in Debuchy but he's never in the squad.

I know that average but lucky teams have won the CL in the past but I can't see this lot doing it. Their record against decent sides in recent years includes very few wins.
    Good lord - how are Earth are we not in the relegation places

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The game's all about money nowadays, innit.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The context of my post whether the team can win the champions league, not whether we can stay in the first division.

Against big sides we have been good against Chelsea at home before they got themselves into their groove, and that's all. Poor against Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Everton & PSG away, poor against Liverpool and Tottenham at home. Meh against PSG at home.

The context of my post whether the team can win the champions league, not whether we can stay in the first division.

Against big sides we have been good against Chelsea at home before they got themselves into their groove, and that's all. Poor against Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Everton & PSG away, poor against Liverpool and Tottenham at home. Meh against PSG at home.
    One cannot help but notice, dear a, that you are in the mother of shítty moods today.

Come, pull up a chair and tell us what ails thee. A problem shared is a problem halved, as the sages would tell us.

Here, have a tissue and I'll make you a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One cannot help but notice, dear a, that you are in the mother of shítty moods today.

Come, pull up a chair and tell us what ails thee. A problem shared is a problem halved, as the sages would tell us.

I'm with a. His day started badly with that dreadful Yanqui telling us why we voted Leave. I had to be quite short with him. a was even shorter, calling him an 'odious prick', which I rather liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm with a. His day started badly with that dreadful Yanqui telling us why we voted Leave. I had to be quite short with him. a was even shorter, calling him an 'odious prick', which I rather liked.
    Yes, I rather enjoyed that. I have a definite soft spot for the word 'odious' because, somewhere in the back of my brain, it carries with it the idea of calling someone smelly

Yes, I rather enjoyed that. I have a definite soft spot for the word 'odious' because, somewhere in the back of my brain, it carries with it the idea of calling someone smelly
    Yes, one can of course be both odious and odiferous, but to use both epithets would seem like over-egging the pudding somewhat, wouldn't it?

It was the Watford game what dunnit.

Losing at the Bridge to a fine Chelsea side who will walk the league this year is disappointing but manageable. Losing at home to Watford AGAIN has made me lose faith. It was so like Swansea last season, And Watford in the cup.

We have the quality and depth, I'd thought. The machine isn't working though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, non-footballistically, that didn't help. A few weeks ago he said there were no black people in Britain.

It was the Watford game what dunnit.

Losing at the Bridge to a fine Chelsea side who will walk the league this year is disappointing but manageable. Losing at home to Watford AGAIN has made me lose faith. It was so like Swansea last season, And Watford in the cup.

We have the quality and depth, I'd thought. The machine isn't working though.
    Perfectly understandable old chap. It's enough to make the strongest man peer into the abyss, contemplating why one bothers.

Picture yourself, on a soft May morning at dawn, listening to the birdsong as you look up at the slope of Skiddaw, knowing that before long you will be looking down from the summit, the mighty mountain grovelling at your feet, defeated and cowed, rolling over to receive your mighty weapon; you take your just rewards, plunging ever more frantically into the fell's soft moistness, your shaft spearing your adversary deeper, ever deeper until! with a final frantic push you climax together, your seed pumping to the very depths of the earth, possibly causing earthquakes and a tsunami of semen in Cockermouth.

Better now?