Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lordy. but there's some whining going on about yesterday's Brexit vote.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I concede your point about all those Eastern Europeans. The Poles and god knows who else. But I don't think Germany is making a mistake absorbing significant numbers of immigrants. Other countries, particularly France and Italy, maybe. But Germany has been looking for an opportunity to behave magnanimously for the past 70 years, and at last they have it. Having the moral high ground is very important to a country. You lose a *lot if you can't maintain it. America will be fine, probably, unless we start WW3. We gained a lot of points with the saintly Obama. But Germany *really needs to show its good side. Turn the page, floss a little bit, kick some ass. I felt it when I was in Berlin a few days ago. And lo, the Germans want to give my film a bunch of money. It's favorable for the arts, even if my film hardly qualifies as that.

All right, I'm off to bed. Have to be up in an hour and a half.
    Nothing magnanimous about it; their birth rate has fallen off a cliff lately, same as Italy, France and the rest of the "wealthy" west. It's all homos and Milchbubis and women's lib nowadays. They *need* people.

Sleep well
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You abandon the EU because of some sh!tkickers out in the countryside not liking nonwhite people, and now you're not in a good position going forward.
    You're the ignorant sh!tkicker, you odious prick. Undemocratic supra-nationalism is not the default position of governance, opposed by racists. In fact it has more in common with empires than self-determination, which was considered the desirable post-imperialist arrangement and advocated by your own president after WW1.

The most dangerous nationalists on the planet are currently the US 'Exceptionalists' who regard themselves as representing the 'one indespensible nation' who has the right to smash up and destroy any country it pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You're the ignorant sh!tkicker, you odious prick. Undemocratic supra-nationalism is not the default position of governance, opposed by racists. In fact it has more in common with empires than self-determination, which was considered the desirable post-imperialist arrangement and advocated by your own president after WW1.

The most dangerous nationalists on the planet are currently the US 'Exceptionalists' who regard themselves as representing the 'one indespensible nation' who has the right to smash up and destroy any country it pleases.
    Have a pop while he's in sleepy-byes eh
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Have a pop while he's in sleepy-byes eh
    I hadn't read the rest of the thread. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew he wasn't around. I'll bump it for him when he comes back later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I hadn't read the rest of the thread. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew he wasn't around. I'll bump it for him when he comes back later.
    I look forward to it
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I look forward to it
    I'm awake now ya basterds.