Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To hell with Muslim debates and Arsenal controversy, can we all agree that 'Becks'

To hell with Muslim debates and Arsenal controversy, can we all agree that 'Becks'

looks a right c*nt?

Matthew Syed wrote a pretty strong article defending him but, at the very least, surely his comment about a knighthood or they can go f*ck themselves makes him look the shallow, egotistical tw@t he has spent so much time trying to convince us he isn't?

The game is up Becks. It's all an act, just as many of us suspected it was. The fact that you are married to that media obsessed, image conscious, insanely vain, stick insect was a bit of a giveaway imo.

What say ye, AWIMB?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    looks a right c*nt?

Matthew Syed wrote a pretty strong article defending him but, at the very least, surely his comment about a knighthood or they can go f*ck themselves makes him look the shallow, egotistical tw@t he has spent so much time trying to convince us he isn't?

The game is up Becks. It's all an act, just as many of us suspected it was. The fact that you are married to that media obsessed, image conscious, insanely vain, stick insect was a bit of a giveaway imo.

What say ye, AWIMB?
    I think that if you leaked anyone's private communications you could make them look a cvnt.

I can understand his frustration. He was Britain's most high-profile international sportsman for more than a decade, did huge amounts for charity, etc, but had watch as other, less illustrious sports people had honours dished out left, right and centre. If you care about that sort of thing, I can certainly see how it might rankle - particularly if you suspect there's an element of snobbery about it.

looks a right c*nt?

What say ye, AWIMB?
    I'm not ashamed to say he's on my like list.
    along with other figures such as Gordon Ramsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think that if you leaked anyone's private communications you could make them look a cvnt.

I can understand his frustration. He was Britain's most high-profile international sportsman for more than a decade, did huge amounts for charity, etc, but had watch as other, less illustrious sports people had honours dished out left, right and centre. If you care about that sort of thing, I can certainly see how it might rankle - particularly if you suspect there's an element of snobbery about it.
    That is David Beckham OBE who is complaining about others getting honours.......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

looks a right c*nt?

What say ye, AWIMB?
    Not an awful lot to dislike about the fellow, imo. Good man.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

looks a right c*nt?

What say ye, AWIMB?
    One can well imagine his desire to feel accepted by the establishment. Given his vast wealth, he spends his time mixing with the rich and the powerful, knowing that he will never really be one of the, because of his background. All that's left for him to achieve is acceptance into the gang.

Poor bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That is David Beckham OBE who is complaining about others getting honours.......
    Jessica Ennis is a Dame for doing well in a minority sport and having a nice bum, ffs! Andy Murray is a knight for wining a couple of majors.

Beckham - whatever you think of him - was England captain, our most high-profile and internationally-recognised sportsman, a fine ambassador for our national sport and the nation and all he's got is a poxy OBE. I can understand his frustration is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Jessica Ennis is a Dame for doing well in a minority sport and having a nice bum, ffs! Andy Murray is a knight for wining a couple of majors.

Beckham - whatever you think of him - was England captain, our most high-profile and internationally-recognised sportsman, a fine ambassador for our national sport and the nation and all he's got is a poxy OBE. I can understand his frustration is what I'm saying.
    I think my suspicion about the bloke is largely driven by who he married and produced four children with.

I'm struggling to believe that the person he wants us to believe he is, could have done that. So basically, Posh Out!

I think my suspicion about the bloke is largely driven by who he married and produced four children with.

I'm struggling to believe that the person he wants us to believe he is, could have done that. So basically, Posh Out!
    Nothing wrong with a woman coming into your life and having a good influence on you.

I even pay into a pension these days.

Everyone's fancied a pop star, haven't they?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."