Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well, there you have it. Sir C was right all along. Rolf innocent.

Well, there you have it. Sir C was right all along. Rolf innocent.

At least of some charges, anyway.

I'm sure that this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    At least of some charges, anyway.

I'm sure that this is just the beginning.
    Yes. Yet another triumphant waste of public money for Operation Yewtree and its genius architect former Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Yet another triumphant waste of public money for Operation Yewtree and its genius architect former Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer.
    He's made himself look a massive tit in the last 24 hours

I wonder how long the meeting took to give it that silly name.

Is 'waste' is not a little bit harsh? I would agree that some of the prosecutions have been absurd i.e. he grabbed my arse in 1974, but there were some pretty awful things happen (rape, as an example) and if for no other reason, at least there has been a focus on how unacceptable the attitudes towards children were back then.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Is 'waste' is not a little bit harsh? I would agree that some of the prosecutions have been absurd i.e. he grabbed my arse in 1974, but there were some pretty awful things happen (rape, as an example) and if for no other reason, at least there has been a focus on how unacceptable the attitudes towards children were back then.
    It's been much worse than a waste, actually. It's been an orchestrated witch-hunt that has smeared a variety of innocent men with trumped up charges based on the evidence of mentally-ill fantasists. The whole thing was predicated on the idea that every accuser should be believed implicitly regardless of how flimsy their evidence is. It has been a complete disgrace and has secured a tiny number of convictions and hasn't even charged half of the people whose lives it has sought to wreck. It has also been selective in its targets. Bill Wyman walked into his local copshop to admit his indiscretions and was told they weren't interested in him. So much for the good intentions of Yewtree in revealing the crimes of yesteryear, eh?
    Still, the chickens will come home to roost later this year when Sir Cliff's legal team tear the police and the BBC several new arseholes over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He's made himself look a massive tit in the last 24 hours
    He doesn't have to work very hard to do that. The man's a gobsh1te.

Still, the chickens will come home to roost later this year when Sir Cliff's legal team tear the police and the BBC several new arseholes over it.
    and there you go...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49576940
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”