Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To hell with Muslim debates and Arsenal controversy, can we all agree that 'Becks'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One can well imagine his desire to feel accepted by the establishment. Given his vast wealth, he spends his time mixing with the rich and the powerful, knowing that he will never really be one of the, because of his background. All that's left for him to achieve is acceptance into the gang.

Poor bloke.
    Somewhat reminiscent of Julius Beer, who built himself the largest tomb in Highgate Cemetary, employing the best architects and craftsmen, and positioned it in from of the view from the balcony in front of St Michael's to obstruct the then view of London (now behind trees) in a big Eff You gesture.

"Beer was born into poverty in Frankfurt and determined to make his fortune. He dealt on the London Stock Exchange and became proprietor of The Observer newspaper. However, being Jewish and a foreigner and having earned his wealth by commercial success rather than inheritance, he always felt ostracised by Victorian high society."

http://cemeteryexplorers.blogspot.co...-highgate.html
    http://www.victorianweb.org/art/arch...teries/16.html

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everyone's fancied a pop star, haven't they?
    Not one like that.

An utterly appalling woman imo. And about as sexy as a broom handle. Which isn't surprising given that she has a remarkable resemblance to one. The only time I've really respected Beckham is when he shagged around with the Spanish bisexual woman.*

*NTTAWWI

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not one like that.

An utterly appalling woman imo. And about as sexy as a broom handle. Which isn't surprising given that she has a remarkable resemblance to one. The only time I've really respected Beckham is when he shagged around with the Spanish bisexual woman.*

*NTTAWWI
    I was watching some Spice girls vids on MTV the other day.
    They were pretty crap looking back.

Posh probably the best won at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not one like that.

*NTTAWWI
    That's just splitting hairs, imo. She's rich, fertile and a celebrity
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's just splitting hairs, imo. She's rich, fertile and a celebrity
    and it was the combination of them both that made her as big as she was.
    Yes the spice girls were huge but she was just a member of them, When she got with him him she became even bigger.

the deal works for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Jessica Ennis is a Dame for doing well in a minority sport and having a nice bum, ffs! Andy Murray is a knight for wining a couple of majors.

Beckham - whatever you think of him - was England captain, our most high-profile and internationally-recognised sportsman, a fine ambassador for our national sport and the nation and all he's got is a poxy OBE. I can understand his frustration is what I'm saying.
    Though if you subtract your low respect for 'lesser sports', those two have been actually much better at their respective sports than Sir David. Being captain of England is, to channel Jorge (PBUI) for a moment, like being the tallest dwarf in the pantomime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Though if you subtract your low respect for 'lesser sports', those two have been actually much better at their respective sports than Sir David. Being captain of England is, to channel Jorge (PBUI) for a moment, like being the tallest dwarf in the pantomime.
    yeah but he had 'passion'

the forbidden word.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I agree, they both became the world best at their chosen sport...
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Let's be honest, the whole thing just underlines and highlights how fúcking stupid the whole honours thing is in your UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Let's be honest, the whole thing just underlines and highlights how fúcking stupid the whole honours thing is in your UK.
    Everyone says that though, until they get within range of receiving one themselves. This is especially true for the K.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."