Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of our Top4 Trophy anyway? Gets us a mighty pot of money - meh! My

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    You can't do what Liverpool did wit'out a Stevie G though Mo'

Steve Gerrard Gerrard
    He's a ****in retard retard
    The ****in big lump o' lard
    Steve Gerrard Gerrard
    looooooooooooooooool
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That doesn't make it right.
    No perhaps not but a lot of the glamour then was the fact it was unknown or relatively unknown, footballers names one may see in Shoot magazine or a stadium referenced in an end of yea annual or almanac.

World Cups were better then, or seemed so. International Football was better then, more glamorous, or seemed so.

The famous black and white stripes of the old lady or the all-white of Real Madrid which would conjure up mental images of mythical teams of di Stefano and Puskas who of course none of us would have seen.

Now you just stick on channel 404 or 414 and you can see these teams most nights of the week.

Progress my ageing Dutch friend. Change. Embrace it.

Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Progress my ageing Dutch friend. Change. Embrace it.

Wenger out.
    You mean ageing, half Irish old soak surely? - with an expired pilot's license hanging out of his arse

You mean ageing, half Irish old soak surely? - with an expired pilot's license hanging out of his arse
    Herbs - as you will know I don't lower myself to his specific brand of bully tactics, but yes.

Ageing? Certainly.

Half Irish? Fully Irish now, h.

Old soak? Can't argue.

Expired licence? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I would like UEFA to remove the 4th spot.
    No other sport you get something for being 4th.
    Apart from all those play-off spots for promotions up and down all the leagues.

Similarly, top four promotes you to Chumps League but for one year only.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but it's easier to launch a tilt at the title from the top four*, ain't it, so you'd think.

In fact, all it actually does is destroy the myth that there really can be such a thing as "development" in football. People who go just want to see their team win that game and couldn't give a stuff about what happens in the next game, which they may not even attend.

*If you don't count Leicester City.
    Easier from without sometimes, as far as a single season goes. Difficult to play in the league after coming back from an away leg in Europe. And the match before sees you with one eye on the CL game too. Mourinho might have helped Chelsea win it in 2017 by taking them near to the relegation zone last time till he was sacked, ensuring that they had no distractions this season.

That year Gerrard fell on his arse too, when Liverpool nearly won it. No European games for them that year either. Obviously not the only factor, nor always applies but it can be a variable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Apart from all those play-off spots for promotions up and down all the leagues.

Similarly, top four promotes you to Chumps League but for one year only.
    Good point. And in the rugby, fourth puts you into a play-off for the title itself
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think this is a little over-dramatic.

Never had you down as a poof.
    You really should work on your sarco-irony-detector, sir. Especially with reg, as he is rarely serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    And yes, we can win it. It would require some luck and other teams under-performing but look at that last Liverpool team tha won it.
    And the Chelsea team that won it. Worse than Spurs that year.