Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of our Top4 Trophy anyway? Gets us a mighty pot of money - meh! My

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    As Charlie points out, for most of us, real football only began in 1996. Before that the Arsenal were often to be found languishing in the relegation zone and it's only Wenger's genius what's kept us up .
    I think this is a little over-dramatic.

Never had you down as a poof.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sir C I don't think that because we once played nice football or had success in the past that we can't want/expect some more?
    What about the youngsters today. There are kids / nearly teens who have only seen arsenal win a couple of FA cups. They will never have seen those good years.
    I'm referring to the rubbish years, when we dreamed of finishing in the top 4 and winning the odd cup. We were happy with the small successes, like getting into the UEFA cup and enjoying the experience. We didn't demand titles and trophies; we enjoyed what we had.*

*Except the cab drivers in the East Stand. They moaned like *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Quite fun though. I've had some lovely nights out in Milan and Munich off the back of it.

Remember when we used to sometimes qulaify for the UEFA cup? Remember how exciting it was when foreign teams came to Highbury? Remember how amazing it was to see Spartak Moscow play football from another planet as they tore us a new sphincter? Remember being boggle-eyed in amazement that you were actually seeing Roberto Bettega, Marco Tardelli and Dino Zoff? (And Steve Walford)

You've been spoiled, man.
    That is simply time, progress and the big money machinations of modern day football.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Moyes certainly wasn't given enough money, as it turns out.

As for Wenger, the thing is, He certainly hasn't done enough for us (fans, club, board, whomever) to boot, hound or harry Him out. He doesn't deserve that, does He. So the only other thing is for Him to decide Himself when to call it a day.
    And this is why you have people at games with Banners. I don't agree with them but they probably feel the club doesn't give two ****s and it's the only way to show their frustration.

Don't get me wrong if you bring a anti wenger banner to a game you are clearly a wrongun.

Wenger should have jacked it in after the 2 fa cup wins imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That is simply time, progress and the big money machinations of modern day football.
    That doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think this is a little over-dramatic.

Never had you down as a poof.
    I was trying to be funny. You know, sarcastic, satirical
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Chelsea are going to win the title at a canter with a fairly average team (insofar as title winning teams go) because they're not in Europe. But of course they have an owner who will put money into the team Europe or no Europe.

It's a badge of honour to always qualify for the CL. Brings money, exposure, fans... but my feeling is that we have often been overstretched by being involved in so many trophies and ended up collapsing in a heap.

And yes, we can win it. It would require some luck and other teams under-performing but look at that last Liverpool team tha won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Chelsea are going to win the title at a canter with a fairly average team (insofar as title winning teams go) because they're not in Europe. But of course they have an owner who will put money into the team Europe or no Europe.

It's a badge of honour to always qualify for the CL. Brings money, exposure, fans... but my feeling is that we have often been overstretched by being involved in so many trophies and ended up collapsing in a heap.

And yes, we can win it. It would require some luck and other teams under-performing but look at that last Liverpool team tha won it.
    We are not a lucky team Mo. We will never win it. We had 2 chances and we ****ed them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post

You can't do what Liverpool did wit'out a Stevie G though Mo'

Steve Gerrard Gerrard
    He's a ****in retard retard
    The ****in big lump o' lard
    Steve Gerrard Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    And this is why you have people at games with Banners. I don't agree with them but they probably feel the club doesn't give two ****s and it's the only way to show their frustration.

Don't get me wrong if you bring a anti wenger banner to a game you are clearly a wrongun.

Wenger should have jacked it in after the 2 fa cup wins imo.
    Fair enough. About a dozen years in charge of the Arsenal would've been enough, I've always said. Invincibles, Champions League final, new ground; job done, thank you very much and we all wish you well in your future career at Real Madrid or wherever. Return whenever you've time as our honoured guest, to unveil a statue of yourself perhaps.

We had a pretty unique set of circumstances going on though, so it's understandable He's stuck around, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."