Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the point of our Top4 Trophy anyway? Gets us a mighty pot of money - meh! My

What's the point of our Top4 Trophy anyway? Gets us a mighty pot of money - meh! My

ticket isn't any cheaper. The CL is a tourney we cannae win and seem to have no intention of winning as we simply do not have the calibre of squad that has a chance.

I'm with WES..I want relegation battles and managers being sacked every other week and the rapid disappearance from the ArabBowl of the insufferable cvnts who either ought to have stuck with rugby or who ignore the match for most of the time while they tackle social media then hold their cvnting iPhones aloft whenever anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    ticket isn't any cheaper. The CL is a tourney we cannae win and seem to have no intention of winning as we simply do not have the calibre of squad that has a chance.

I'm with WES..I want relegation battles and managers being sacked every other week and the rapid disappearance from the ArabBowl of the insufferable cvnts who either ought to have stuck with rugby or who ignore the match for most of the time while they tackle social media then hold their cvnting iPhones aloft whenever anything happens.
    I would like UEFA to remove the 4th spot.
    No other sport you get something for being 4th.

Plus anytime you say you are not happy with Wenger everyone has to go to the extreme opposite of being in the relegation zone.
    Why does it have to be from one extreme to another?

Yes, but it's easier to launch a tilt at the title from the top four*, ain't it, so you'd think.

In fact, all it actually does is destroy the myth that there really can be such a thing as "development" in football. People who go just want to see their team win that game and couldn't give a stuff about what happens in the next game, which they may not even attend.

*If you don't count Leicester City.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Plus anytime you say you are not happy with Wenger everyone has to go to the extreme opposite of being in the relegation zone.
    I don't understand the fear agenda driven by the rabidly pro-Wenger staying chaps pointing at Utd / Moyes as being relevant. Why not point at other clubs who manage to transition from one regime to another without such a doomsday scenario.

For all we know it may lead to relative failure but equally it may lead to relative progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I don't understand the fear agenda driven by the rabidly pro-Wenger staying chaps pointing at Utd / Moyes as being relevant. Why not point at other clubs who manage to transition from one regime to another without such a doomsday scenario.

For all we know it may lead to relative failure but equally it may lead to relative progress.
    The change has to happen at some stage, so it makes sense to look at it as a strong possibility this summer and see what candidates are out there that MIGHt improve us from where we are at the moment (which is constantly treading water).
    If he is given a new 2-3yr contract then the board are just kicking the can down the road.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I would like UEFA to remove the 4th spot.
    No other sport you get something for being 4th.

As Charlie points out, for most of us, real football only began in 1996. Before that the Arsenal were often to be found languishing in the relegation zone and it's only Wenger's genius what's kept us up .
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Exactly. A new manager might bring more out of the current players.As we usually have only one game plan. Maybe another one may have different philosophy which might be even better. Sure a new manager will bring in new additions and there would be some departures but I don't think it would see such a drastic change.

I actually think Moyes wasn't given enough time.

Quite fun though. I've had some lovely nights out in Milan and Munich off the back of it.

Remember when we used to sometimes qulaify for the UEFA cup? Remember how exciting it was when foreign teams came to Highbury? Remember how amazing it was to see Spartak Moscow play football from another planet as they tore us a new sphincter? Remember being boggle-eyed in amazement that you were actually seeing Roberto Bettega, Marco Tardelli and Dino Zoff? (And Steve Walford)

You've been spoiled, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Quite fun though. I've had some lovely nights out in Milan and Munich off the back of it.

Remember when we used to sometimes qulaify for the UEFA cup? Remember how exciting it was when foreign teams came to Highbury? Remember how amazing it was to see Spartak Moscow play football from another planet as they tore us a new sphincter? Remember being boggle-eyed in amazement that you were actually seeing Roberto Bettega, Marco Tardelli and Dino Zoff? (And Steve Walford)

You've been spoiled, man.
    Sir C I don't think that because we once played nice football or had success in the past that we can't want/expect some more?
    What about the youngsters today. There are kids / nearly teens who have only seen arsenal win a couple of FA cups. They will never have seen those good years.

Exactly. A new manager might bring more out of the current players.As we usually have only one game plan. Maybe another one may have different philosophy which might be even better. Sure a new manager will bring in new additions and there would be some departures but I don't think it would see such a drastic change.

I actually think Moyes wasn't given enough time.
    Moyes certainly wasn't given enough money, as it turns out.

As for Wenger, the thing is, He certainly hasn't done enough for us (fans, club, board, whomever) to boot, hound or harry Him out. He doesn't deserve that, does He. So the only other thing is for Him to decide Himself when to call it a day.