Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    f clearly wishes to see Wenger's position to become untenable so that a change is inevitable.

I simply counsel caution in this respect, for one knows not who might succeed him, and what the consequences of this succession might be.
    OK, point taken. But, as Hillary Clinton would say, at this point, what difference does it make?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    However there is a connection on here between the last few years and the increasing number of awimbers who have lost interest in football.

not a coincidence.
    I'll tell you what Clive, a football supporter who loses interest in football because of consistent 4th place finishes, an FA cup here or there and watching the likes of Mesut Ozil really wants to have a thought for supporters of Aston Villa, Everton, Burnley or Southampton. Or perhaps Halifax Town, or Preston North End, or Reading.

However there is a connection on here between the last few years and the increasing number of awimbers who have lost interest in football.

not a coincidence.
    There were awimbers interested in football? Deviants, p - the lot of them

We may go on a good run when the pressure is off. It's the same we always give the 2nd leg once the tie is already over in the first leg.
    But we will not beat Bayern.

As for the FA cup.

Burnley v Lincoln City
    Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur
    Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United
    Sutton United v Arsenal
    Middlesbrough v Oxford United
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea
    Huddersfield Town v Manchester City
    Millwall v Derby County or Leicester City

unless some of the big ones go out in those games we have no chance.
    You never know. The Magic of the Cup and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Another bad result and I will be seeking removal of the sticky
    As bad as that, eh

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You never know. The Magic of the Cup and a' that.
    Burnley v Arsenal final imo

Burnley get justice for their 2 questionable league decisions.

I'll tell you what Clive, a football supporter who loses interest in football because of consistent 4th place finishes, an FA cup here or there and watching the likes of Mesut Ozil really wants to have a thought for supporters of Aston Villa, Everton, Burnley or Southampton. Or perhaps Halifax Town, or Preston North End, or Reading.
    It's t'other way about, I reckon. Support also exists despite the lack of those things; they really make no difference.

Or are you saying if Mesut leaves, we don't win anything and also drop out of the top four, you'll stop going?

As I said, Charles, it's the monotony of it all that is driving them away. I should have thought Villa fans had a rather exciting, although ultimately disappointing, season last year.

Plus, we are the Arsenal, so we have higher expectations. It's important that, I think.

It's t'other way about, I reckon. Support also exists despite the lack of those things; they really make no difference.

Or are you saying if Mesut leaves, we don't win anything and also drop out of the top four, you'll stop going?
    Bless you, I stopped going 4 or 5 years ago when I couldn't cope with the moaning any more.

It also started to feel a little anachronistic; is a gentleman of a certain age to join in with the singing, abuse and general rumbunctuousness, or behave with the quiet dignity appropriate to his age and social standing?

In short, it's a young person's pursuit.

OK, point taken. But, as Hillary Clinton would say, at this point, what difference does it make?
    That was The Smiths R, easy mistake to make all the same.

Wenger out.