Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news. Today is a day of zero tolerance to FGM.

Good news. Today is a day of zero tolerance to FGM.

I wonder whether we shouldn't display zero tolerance towards FGM every day, of course. Apparently the NHS treats a victim every day in this country, and we still haven't managed to secure a prosecution. I suppose arresting barbarians wielding knives is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wonder whether we shouldn't display zero tolerance towards FGM every day, of course. Apparently the NHS treats a victim every day in this country, and we still haven't managed to secure a prosecution. I suppose arresting barbarians wielding knives is racist.
    Fat Gay Men?

The pathetic excuse is that it is difficult to prove unless you catch someone in the act. Personally, I would think that if a child presents to hospital with severe genital injuries, that in itself would be reason enough to prosecute the parents, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The pathetic excuse is that it is difficult to prove unless you catch someone in the act. Personally, I would think that if a child presents to hospital with severe genital injuries, that in itself would be reason enough to prosecute the parents, but apparently not.
    Yes, but surely witnesses are keen to come forward to assist the police in prosecuting this medieval barbarism?

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Fat Gay Men?
    Fanny hacking innit.

I am pretty sure the same liberal bunch who want respect for the burkha would argue that FGM is a cultural and lifestyle choice.

Yes, but surely witnesses are keen to come forward to assist the police in prosecuting this medieval barbarism?

Oh.
    Religion rules by fear. The muslims are just a little more medieval in their approach. If we regarded all of them for what they are, basically a ****ing protection racquet, we'd get a lot further. BTW, does this mean that tomorrow we go back to tolerating FGM?

I am a bit confused.
    I went for lunch. I've returned and from what I read it seems I should have visited a mosque and now I don't know what FGM is.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Religion rules by fear. The muslims are just a little more medieval in their approach. If we regarded all of them for what they are, basically a ****ing protection racquet, we'd get a lot further. BTW, does this mean that tomorrow we go back to tolerating FGM?
    Yes, I wondered about that. Of course, looking at the number of prosecutions for the offence, it would appear that we do tolerate it, yes.

I expect the difficulty is that virtually every case of FGM is done at the request of or, at the very least, with the compliance of the parent. Children tend to be averse to having their parents sent to jail.

Mind you, I had my son circumcised, Charles. You don't want to send me to jail, do you?