Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am convinced that Gary Neville has his

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh God, not another muggy banner

What is it about our club that attracts so many drooling retards? I mean, I know every club has morons in tow, football after all being essentially a working class game, but it appears that a sizeable majority of our supporters are educationally subnormal and permanently angry. Man, don't they get exhausted from being so angry?

And there's no point claiming it was ever thus. When I started going to football there was anger, aggression and violence a-plenty, all directed at the opposition. Amongst our own there was a great deal of dry humour and not a little resignation. (Also plenty of racism tbh.)
    Perhaps the lack of racism is the problem? Now that it's no longer socially acceptable to direct their impotent rage at the coloureds or the jews or what have you, these people are forced to find a new target - and it happens to be our own team and manager?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    A lot of them were raised with a silver spoon in their mouth from a football perspective. They expect to win the league. I suspect we have a slightly more educated fan base than some clubs. Not that general intelligence translates to understanding football.

I doubt anybody here has believed Wenger would win the league again for some time, but it's only a game, hardly worth making a banner over.

I really can't think of anything that would induce me to make a banner, take it out in public and wave it about in the manner of a potty-training toddler proudly showing off its own excrement. I mean the very act is narcissistic to the point of personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Perhaps the lack of racism is the problem? Now that it's no longer socially acceptable to direct their impotent rage at the coloureds or the jews or what have you, these people are forced to find a new target - and it happens to be our own team and manager?
    By golly I think you've cracked it! We simply need to convince everyone to gather around a new hate figure to take the heat off Arsene.

How about The Donald? He can cope with the abuse.

By golly I think you've cracked it! We simply need to convince everyone to gather around a new hate figure to take the heat off Arsene.

How about The Donald? He can cope with the abuse.
    No. I think they probably mostly like him. Maybe Piers Morgan? Everyone thinks he's a cünt - even people who agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I really can't think of anything that would induce me to make a banner, take it out in public and wave it about in the manner of a potty-training toddler proudly showing off its own excrement. I mean the very act is narcissistic to the point of personality disorder.
    Well I do understand that some people are passionate about 'issues', but I tend to agree with you. I also feel the same about people who write in to 'complain'. Seriously, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    A lot of them were raised with a silver spoon in their mouth from a football perspective. They expect to win the league. I suspect we have a slightly more educated fan base than some clubs. Not that general intelligence translates to understanding football.

I doubt anybody here has believed Wenger would win the league again for some time, but it's only a game, hardly worth making a banner over.
    On the other hand, displaying banners is simply what football supporters *do*. We all applaud Inter or Boca Juniors supporters when they do it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Have you ever got into a black cab and mentioned the jews?

These people are angry, I tell you.
    Bit of a gasbag, I'm afraid to say. They rarely get a word in.

Maybe that's why they're angry
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    eye on the Wenger's job?

There was something a little disingenuous about his outrage at my mate's banner that was held up. I personally thought "Fvck off Wenger you Cleuso sounding old tit" was reasonably balanced suggestion

I think Gaz is smart enough to know that Wenger will have a big say in who his successor will be - in about ten years of course.
    Neville seems confused, to me. Wearing his celebrity-footballer hat obviously he understands that it's not nice to have groups of fans violently bantering you off, threatening the new paintwork on your car and so on. As a pundit though, he really wants Wenger Out! just so they all have something new, different to talk about.

He critisises the way we play and the profile of our (Wenger's) players, but then in the next breath, attributes it all to us not being able to afford French second division midfield generalis like N'Golo Kanté.

Thing is, he talks so much that he's bound to contradict himself. Alot.

Well verbiage is currently his trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Neville seems confused, to me. Wearing his celebrity-footballer hat obviously he understands that it's not nice to have groups of fans violently bantering you off, threatening the new paintwork on your car and so on. As a pundit though, he really wants Wenger Out! just so they all have something new, different to talk about.

He critisises the way we play and the profile of our (Wenger's) players, but then in the next breath, attributes it all to us not being able to afford French second division midfield generalis like N'Golo Kanté.

Thing is, he talks so much that he's bound to contradict himself. Alot.
    I am convinced he will succeed as a manager or could be but I fear the punditry sofa may prove far too comfortable and well paid for him to consider leaving it. Why subject yourself to being c*nted off by 60,000 muggy boneheads every week with the additional delight of the media continually triggering rumours about your imminent dismissal?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    I am convinced he will succeed as a manager or could be but I fear the punditry sofa may prove far too comfortable and well paid for him to consider leaving it. Why subject yourself to being c*nted off by 60,000 muggy boneheads every week with the additional delight of the media continually triggering rumours about your imminent dismissal?
    I agree. There's nothing in it for a former player with any kind of reputation.

Unless there's an offer from a big club with a large budget, it's far better to stay clear. Neville himself would have been alright had he failed at Real Madrid, rather than Valencia, imo. Just like Ryan Giggs would've obviously jumped at the chance to manage Manchester United. But Swansea City? Not so much.