Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news about Joost van der Westhuizen

Sad news about Joost van der Westhuizen

struggle to think of many better scrum halfs

England were a touch fortuitous at the weekend but that bench helps!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Are you sure PS? I mean he was Suth Effrican which means he must have been a thoroughly odious cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Are you sure PS? I mean he was Suth Effrican which means he must have been a thoroughly odious cvnt.
    Right. South African *and* a scrum-half.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. South African *and* a scrum-half.
    Yes but he wasn't one of the small yappy ones. Great player

Right on all counts. Still missing a fair few players. Would like to think Mako can be back by the last couple of games. And Haskell has to start on Saturday. Wood can take his ridiculous hair to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Right on all counts. Still missing a fair few players. Would like to think Mako can be back by the last couple of games. And Haskell has to start on Saturday. Wood can take his ridiculous hair to the bench
    Wood was terrible, must have given away over half our penalties

Wood was terrible, must have given away over half our penalties
    Although the one where the **** of a referee (who I don't think had ever seen a scrum in his life) said the ball was out of the ruck then blew up for a penalty was very harsh

Although the one where the **** of a referee (who I don't think had ever seen a scrum in his life) said the ball was out of the ruck then blew up for a penalty was very harsh
    Oh yeah,
    Ref: "it's out"......"no, you can't come in as the ball is leaving a ruck"
    Player: "but you said it's out"
    Ref: "err, you can't come in as the ball is leaving the ruck"

yes that was odd, didn't think much of him....typically crap Southern hemisphere ref

I'd also start Nowell instead of May on Saturday. I'd even be tempted to put Itoje back in the second row and someone like Clifford at 6. I'm beginning to think he'll eventually start thinking about moving Farrell to 10 and putting Ford on the bench. I mean, it's ridiculous to suggest it having won 15 in a row but i think having someone like Teo'o in the centres will be the way forward.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 02-06-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Yes but he wasn't one of the small yappy ones. Great player
    I seem to recall a game in the 95 world cup when the Saffies were playing one of the South Pacific teams who, as we know, aren't shy with their tackling. Joostie would hold the ball as long as he could looking to dummy the defender and then kick it just as the defender launched himself into the tackle. He would then roll around endlessly looking for sympathy while the pro-Saffie crowd was baying for blood. Me, I thought to myself 'well kick it earlier then you stupid, cheating Saffie'.

So, yes, Herb is right. He was an odious c*nt. RIP all the same, of course.