Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There are arguments both ways as to whether Bellerin was fouled, however one thing is

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Totally, Llorente got booked for less against City.

Also, how the hell did Mata not get a red for his shocking tackle? Xhaka would have been deported if he'd done it. That's 3x stick on red cards they've got away with this season
    As Mourinho says there are different rules for them! Also add to the mix that sending an Arsenal player off is easier form a media backlash point of view & there you have it.

I've just watched it on youtube again - Alonso's arm is just below shoulder height at the time of contact and he heads the ball at the same time as contact with Bellerin occurs. If he did make contact with Bellerin first it was microseconds ahead of the ball, no way the ref isn't going to allow that goal.

And if Giroud scored the goal then every person complaining would find a perfectly justifiable logic for the goal to stand.

The goal, while the major debating point of the day, is a mere side issue all the same and is fodder for people who like to seek excuses not just in football but in life.

I on the other hand seek out solutions.

We had a few moments in the first half but in general we were comprehensively outplayed. We were of course missing players but in general we arguably had 9 of our first choice 11 on the pitch. Isolated passages of play such as Theon for the first goal and Coquelin for the second goal hint at issues beyond basic error (Cech for the third goal).

In summary, Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    And if Giroud scored the goal then every person complaining would find a perfectly justifiable logic for the goal to stand.

The goal, while the major debating point of the day, is a mere side issue all the same and is fodder for people who like to seek excuses not just in football but in life.

I on the other hand seek out solutions.

We had a few moments in the first half but in general we were comprehensively outplayed. We were of course missing players but in general we arguably had 9 of our first choice 11 on the pitch. Isolated passages of play such as Theon for the first goal and Coquelin for the second goal hint at issues beyond basic error (Cech for the third goal).

In summary, Wenger out.
    He says He tried to buy Kante when he (Kante) was still at Caen
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Dear old AW. He really ought to know by now that offering 37p and half a bag of Cheese and Onion Discos for a player isn't the same as 'trying to buy' him.

Yes, that's possibly because he would have been cheap then.

Kante and Matic ran the game for me, if we had players like that we would get the best out of Mesut. But that's about £50mil on defensive midfielders. I find myself wondering how much money Wenger has spent in that area over the course of his tenure with us.

Gilberto was about 5mil? Elneny the same. Song might have cost us 2 or 3mil as well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    clear, anyone that says something like 'he needed to be stronger there' is an utter c*nt of the highest order who clearly needs a new hobby.

Hector did nothing wrong. Credit to Chelsea for the movement off the ball that created the situation where Bellerin had to mark Costa and Theo needs a slap for not bothering to track Alonso, but Hector did all that he could.

Not sure who the muppet on Radio 5 was that said that, Danny Mill maybe. Scum that he is.
    A missive from Wenger from years ago comes to mind; something to the power of, "when you're a young player, you only look at the ball. You are not looking at your opponent's elbows."

That is what Hector did "wrong". The whole bunch of us need to be more cold, cynical and suspicious.

In fairness, that was poor play all round, the whole thing was bad.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Kante and Matic ran the game for me, if we had players like that we would get the best out of Mesut. But that's about £50mil on defensive midfielders. I find myself wondering how much money Wenger has spent in that area over the course of his tenure with us.

Gilberto was about 5mil? Elneny the same. Song might have cost us 2 or 3mil as well I think.
    Cheap enough for Leicester City, at any rate.

No. The only one who can get the best out of Mesut is Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm afraid.

Pauvre Caen