Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: There are arguments both ways as to whether Bellerin was fouled, however one thing is

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I would suggest that if you knock someone unconcious, by default that's dangerous play and therefore a foul and a card
    I would want my player to score the goal and knock the defender out, if necessary, and then let the officials disallow it, if they dare. It's certainly worth a try, if you're playing at home.

There's the thing; they have simply been much more cynical than us for years, basically since Abramovich arrived there.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If you hit the other player with your arm/elbow before you hit the ball with your head it's a foul....
    Was it before?

I have no issue with the goal for the record.

A very unfortunate (for Hector) coming together but I cannot see how the Chelsea player jumps in any other way. I have seen terms such as forearm smash and flailing arms but not for me.

Footballers will collide, it is unavoidable. The perception of dangerous cannot be given based on the outcome or injury but the action and Alonso was 100% right to go for the ball, his jump was such was not careless nor dangerous. Would people expect Gary Cahill to be carded when his action smashed Ryan Mason’s skull two weeks ago in what was a much serious (accidental) collision.

The one issue I do recognise and as touched upon by PRSB is the inconsistency of judgement where I watched the City game yesterday and saw Llorente get carded for such an act, though Mike Dean was at pains to point out the card was in fact for his third offence, the totting up logic.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I would want my player to score the goal and knock the defender out, if necessary, and then let the officials disallow it, if they dare. It's certainly worth a try, if you're playing at home.

There's the thing; they have simply been much more cynical than us for years, basically since Abramovich arrived there.
    It's definitely something Alonso does, he tried to do Gabriel as well later in the game with exactly the same jump and got away with that one as well

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Was it before?

I have no issue with the goal for the record.

A very unfortunate (for Hector) coming together but I cannot see how the Chelsea player jumps in any other way. I have seen terms such as forearm smash and flailing arms but not for me.

Footballers will collide, it is unavoidable. The perception of dangerous cannot be given based on the outcome or injury but the action and Alonso was 100% right to go for the ball, his jump was such was not careless nor dangerous. Would people expect Gary Cahill to be carded when his action smashed Ryan Mason’s skull two weeks ago in what was a much serious (accidental) collision.

The one issue I do recognise and as touched upon by PRSB is the inconsistency of judgement where I watched the City game yesterday and saw Llorente get carded for such an act, though Mike Dean was at pains to point out the card was in fact for his third offence, the totting up logic.
    Yes, it certainly was before... which is why it is a foul imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

If you hit the other player with your arm/elbow before you hit the ball with your head it's a foul....
    As a ref, you would've disallowed that?!

GLWTPIMO.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I would suggest that if you knock someone unconcious, by default that's dangerous play and therefore a foul and a card
    Well, strictly speaking that isn't true though, is it? You can knock a player unconscious and it could be his foul. Equally, you could not even touch another player and be sent off for intent.

Sometimes contact is going to happen, there are 20 people running around out there. I saw the replay multiple times and was still undecided. Two players jumped for the ball, one a little higher than the other, they came together, both were trying to play the ball, the contact did not look deliberate to me.

As I said, you could make an argument either way. As many are. Danny Mills is unquestionably a c*nt, though.

It's definitely something Alonso does, he tried to do Gabriel as well later in the game with exactly the same jump and got away with that one as well
    I've said for years, I wish Olivier would do it

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    As a ref, you would've disallowed that?!

GLWTPIMO.
    Yes.... if that happens anywhere else on the piych it is a free kick and nobody would complain
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, strictly speaking that isn't true though, is it? You can knock a player unconscious and it could be his foul. Equally, you could not even touch another player and be sent off for intent.

Sometimes contact is going to happen, there are 20 people running around out there. I saw the replay multiple times and was still undecided. Two players jumped for the ball, one a little higher than the other, they came together, both were trying to play the ball, the contact did not look deliberate to me.

As I said, you could make an argument either way. As many are. Danny Mills is unquestionably a c*nt, though.
    The game itself must always be more important than the laws of the game, in any case. If he doesn't score, I'd give a foul.

That argument doesn't fly, I'm afraid. A goal is a rare and precious commodity,

like your mum.

Who cares what happens anywhere else on the pitch.

Yes.... if that happens anywhere else on the piych it is a free kick and nobody would complain