Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apart from the first goal (was a foul imo) G Neville got everything else spot on

Apart from the first goal (was a foul imo) G Neville got everything else spot on

you can't have both full backs pushing up the field and leaving Hazard and Pedro a free run at our CB's, it was shocking the way we set up and unfortunately there is only 1 person to blame and that is AW... I do hope he leaves at the end of the season with his head held high and we move onto the next chapter of AFC.. IF he is given a new 2 year contract, can anyone see us changing what we have done for the last 10 years or so and actually challenge for the title.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    you can't have both full backs pushing up the field and leaving Hazard and Pedro a free run at our CB's, it was shocking the way we set up and unfortunately there is only 1 person to blame and that is AW... I do hope he leaves at the end of the season with his head held high and we move onto the next chapter of AFC.. IF he is given a new 2 year contract, can anyone see us changing what we have done for the last 10 years or so and actually challenge for the title.
    I find it very boring that our season is over in February ever year. It doesn't need to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I find it very boring that our season is over in February ever year. It doesn't need to be this way.
    When you do the same thing over and over and it doesn't work then surely you need to change at some stage?

I think he summarised well regarding Wenger and Arsenal. If he was delivering the results at Liverpool or Utd instead of Klopp/Jose then people would say that he's doing a great job.

I think that it's time for a change now, not that I disappointed with results (realistically we shouldn't consistently finishing above Utd, City and Chelsea). But just that it's a bit boring. We know what to expect every week. We know that we'll finish 2nd - 4th etc etc.

I've only ever known Wenger as Arsenal manager and so it'll be sad to see him go. But a fresh approach is required now. Sure, it may well mean that we drop out of the top 4. But at least it'll be something different.

When you do the same thing over and over and it doesn't work then surely you need to change at some stage?
    You do indeed. Who do you replace him with though? No chance we'll get Simeone - who else is realistically available? Or do we take a punt on someone like Eddie Howe?
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Which is also the definition of insanity.

But as a business if they are happy with doing the same thing over and over nothing will change.

However the fans do the power with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    You do indeed. Who do you replace him with though? No chance we'll get Simeone - who else is realistically available? Or do we take a punt on someone like Eddie Howe?
    As moving to the Emirates was to make us a big club. I'd be very underwhelmed with Eddie Howe.
    as good as he may be he's spend most of his career in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think he summarised well regarding Wenger and Arsenal. If he was delivering the results at Liverpool or Utd instead of Klopp/Jose then people would say that he's doing a great job.

I think that it's time for a change now, not that I disappointed with results (realistically we shouldn't consistently finishing above Utd, City and Chelsea). But just that it's a bit boring. We know what to expect every week. We know that we'll finish 2nd - 4th etc etc.

I've only ever known Wenger as Arsenal manager and so it'll be sad to see him go. But a fresh approach is required now. Sure, it may well mean that we drop out of the top 4. But at least it'll be something different.
    It's not our job to know who the club should get..... there are rumours Allegri wants to join, and I am sure there are a lot of managers who would want ot manage one of the richest clubs in world football. As has been pointed out there is nobody on the board who has the experience to hire or fire a manager, so the staus quo is the obvious (but wrong) way to go

What we didn't do is make ourselves hard to beat. Having full backs that high at only 1-0 in the first half was asking for trouble. But for some poor final balls (Costa and Pedro), we could have been 3-0 down at half time.

We also had chances that we didn't take. At this level and in this type of game, you can't afford to miss those, particularly the Gabriel chance.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

It's not our job to know who the club should get..... there are rumours Allegri wants to join, and I am sure there are a lot of managers who would want ot manage one of the richest clubs in world football. As has been pointed out there is nobody on the board who has the experience to hire or fire a manager, so the staus quo is the obvious (but wrong) way to go
    Someone needs to tell Kroenke that if we are a bit better he can make even more monies.