Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What odds will I get on us coming 5th? It's over, init? AW will fail to qualify for

What odds will I get on us coming 5th? It's over, init? AW will fail to qualify for

the CL. We'll lose badly to Bayern. And we'll go out in the quarters or semi-final of the FA Cup depending on whether we draw a decent team next round.

Alexi and Ozil will go, as will Santi. We'll lose the 3 genuine world class players in the team, though I still think Hector has potential and Kos is pretty decent, but we've seen what's happened when we have Xhaka instead of Santi. Santi's the only one with the ability to make our midfield system work. He never worked out how to use Jack, nor Rambo except for that half a season when he played between Arteta and Ozil.

And even though Ozil going off the boil has coincided with our poor form, we won't find anyone as good as him who would be happy to join us. Before Olly came back, Ozil was starting to get into the more attacking no.10 role, linking up well with Alexis and playing more like a Bergkamp. I wish we'd resigned Cesc when we had the chance.

So we have no midfield and we'll lose our no.10 and striker. And will just have loads of options of people not quite good enough to be in a top team's first XI.

AW will go and then all the WengerOuters will realise that the nextb bloke's even worse.

So anyway, what are the odds on us coming 5th?

He'll still hang around if we finish 5th or 6th. "He deserves the chance to get us back into the top four" etc. I don't think he'll ever be asked to leave by the current owner/board.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    He'll still hang around if we finish 5th or 6th. "He deserves the chance to get us back into the top four" etc. I don't think he'll ever be asked to leave by the current owner/board.
    Why did Dein ever bring that ****ing Septic to our club? When the 3 world class players leave this summer, we'll have a front 5 of Xhaka, Iwobi, Feo, Olly, Welbz (or Lucas.) That's ****. That's mid-table *******s. It's basically a bunch of Gervinhos.

Our midfield only works with Santi. It's not like the old days when he had ****loads of top drawer no.10 who could all play nice neat triangles with each other. With Ozil so far forward and the wide men (other than Iwobi) being strikers as opposed to MFs, it really doesn't work.

Honestly, can you ever remember a midfield as weak as this? I can't.

Ring up Ladbrokes...one of their traders will give you a price.

Santi is finished...won't be the same again.

We have an outstanding team but unfortunately Arsene cannot seem to get the best out of them. The casual way they go about things is just way too much for me.

Not so annoyed we lost today. It's the games like Watford which are far more unforgivable.

-

Simple job now...let Wenger go and bring in Simeone.

His tough and demanding style is what we need.

Also I don't mind Alexis and / or Ozil going because we'll be in pole position to get Grizemann.

Yes I agree. I am not sure Ozil's heart has ever truly been in it and will be worse unless he has someone who can finish his vision. Sanchez gives the ball away a lot and while he is a fantastic player he is not one to build the team around. Look how well we did against Southampton and I would rather build a team and miss out on CL for a while than continue as now.

Not sure how though that will put us in pole position for Griezman. Rather we got Welbeck and Giroud firing. OX as creative with Jack and Xhaka in defensive mid. Lucas and Jeff somewhere. Gabriel shipped out anywhere with Theo (had too many chances)

On the bright side thank god we didnt sign vardy or mahrez. I laugh at Wenger saying he wanted to sign Kante when he was at Caen and then at Leicester. Well why the hell didn't you then you dithering old fart