Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your random sports playing stories.

Your random sports playing stories.

I once scored a goal playing ice hockey that was ruled out as I 'didn't celebrate' so they thought it didn't go in.
    that was *******s.

I once got ****ed over in a race at school when a kid I lapped fooled them into thinking he was ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I once scored a goal playing ice hockey that was ruled out as I 'didn't celebrate' so they thought it didn't go in.
    that was *******s.

I once got ****ed over in a race at school when a kid I lapped fooled them into thinking he was ahead of me
    The greatest catch I ever took was diving full length at silly mid-off about 9 yards from the bat. The batsmen middled it and it was travelling about six inches off the deck. I went at it one handed and it stuck. Must have looked amazing.
    Only problem was, as I got up to celebrate, I realised the fastening on my trousers had broken as I landed. So, as I was mobbed by my team-mates, my trousers fell down.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-03-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The greatest catch I ever took was diving full length at silly mid-off about 9 yards from the bat. The batsmen middled it and it was travelling about six inches off the deck. I went at it one handed and it stuck. Must have looked amazing.
    Only problem was, as I got up to celebrate, I realised the fastening on my trousers had broken as I landed. So, as I was mobbed by my team-mates, my trousers fell down.
    The old fastening on my trousers broke eh... you are a sexual deviant and I accuse you of exposing yourself at every possible occasion
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The old fastening on my trousers broke eh... you are a sexual deviant and I accuse you of exposing yourself at every possible occasion
    How's about that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How's about that then?
    At least you play a summer sport so that the cold weather won't cause an issue with exposing yourself
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    At least you play a summer sport so that the cold weather won't cause an issue with exposing yourself
    I dunno. Some of the early games in April, there isn't much to expose.

Your random sports playing stories.
    Playing football for an U10 team, I was up front and in the box, about to slot the ball home when the opposition captain picked the ball up, ran with it a couple of yards, then put it down again. Our penalty claims were ignored by the ref who was the offending player's dad.

that was *******s.

Having my ankle smashed by a great lump of a centre half was one thing, but having him call me a 'flash cvnt' afterwards put quite the tin lid on it. Things didn't improve when my shattered shin pad fooled caused onlookers to think I had a bone poking out and made one lad puke.

This was not a good day.

that was *******s.

When i was in year 8 i was playing football during break and stood around goal hanging and having a daydream. Next minute the keeper has booted the ball up field, it hit me on the corner of my head and went in the top corner from about 15 yards out

One of those things that wouldn't happen again if you tried a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    When i was in year 8 i was playing football during break and stood around goal hanging and having a daydream. Next minute the keeper has booted the ball up field, it hit me on the corner of my head and went in the top corner from about 15 yards out

One of those things that wouldn't happen again if you tried a thousand times.
    Once, while playing football in our primary school playground, the tennis ball we were using was kicked through the chainlink fence. Dean Gordon, who went on to play for Palace and Middlesbrough and was in my class (at school - not as a footballer) climbed over the fence to get it back. Having thrown it over, he climbed back, only to miss his footing at one point and land on his face.

He was rushed off to hospital, where he got some stitches and iodine and whatnot, only to come back that afternoon with his lips bruised and swollen to the size of rugby balls.

This being the early 80s, I regret to say it's possible that some highly racist remarks were made about his appearance.