Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something of the Sepp Blatter about Georgey Graham, wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, he said 'trigger'.
    To be sure, we always seem to be on about the Irish nowadays
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That was my thought as well. Obviously it's going to be hard to film such a peerless book but an honest try.
    Yes. Whatever happened to Alan Arkin? He was one of those chaps who was in everything in the 70s at one point and then sort of disappeared. Like Elliot Gould, George Segal and Richard Dreyfus.

Yes. Whatever happened to Alan Arkin? He was one of those chaps who was in everything in the 70s at one point and then sort of disappeared. Like Elliot Gould, George Segal and Richard Dreyfus.
    Don't know about the others, unless you mean "Adam" Arkin who was wonderful in Northern Exposure, but Gould was in Ocean's Eleven.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Don't know about the others, unless you mean "Adam" Arkin who was wonderful in Northern Exposure, but Gould was in Ocean's Eleven.
    The bloke who plays Yossarian.

Elliot Gould's finest hour was in A Bridge Too Far. "Any of you boys built a bridge before? Let's haul a little ass!'

The bloke who plays Yossarian.
    Ah, yes. Must be some relation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Elliot Gould's finest hour was in A Bridge Too Far. "Any of you boys built a bridge before? Let's haul a little ass!'
    George Segal was in Bridge at Remagen as the hard-bitten captain. He wasn't very convincing, if truth be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I liked his Philip Marlowe.

I liked his Philip Marlowe.
    I've never seen that. I like films about Elizabethan playwrights, I'll seek it out.

George Segal was in Bridge at Remagen as the hard-bitten captain. He wasn't very convincing, if truth be told.
    Now I come to think of it, everyone's finest hour was in A Bridge Too Far.