Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something of the Sepp Blatter about Georgey Graham, wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wonder if he drank down the Old Kent Road whilst managing Millwall? A target rich environment, in those days. He'd have stood at the end of the bar in his blazer and his Farahs like a slightly better tailored Del Boy.
    I always thought he was a married man?

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I wonder if he drank down the Old Kent Road whilst managing Millwall? A target rich environment, in those days. He'd have stood at the end of the bar in his blazer and his Farahs like a slightly better tailored Del Boy.
    I reckon his shítty stick's just out of shot here.

78991307.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I reckon his shítty stick's just out of shot here.

78991307.jpg
    My word, he must have worn it to a stub in the council estates of Bermondsey.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Probably a local Schützenverein, essentially a jumped-up Karnival concert party organisation committee. You never know though; Mountain Krauts are even stranger folk than the regular variety, aren't they.
    Somehow, I suspect Sepp would have found his way into the Pay Corps.

With Theo Foley as an Irish Trigger - I can see it now

Somehow, I suspect Sepp would have found his way into the Pay Corps.
    Right. I actually watched Catch-22 again the other week and I'd completely forgotten that Jon Voight was in it. You know, in the Sepp Blatter role.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    With Theo Foley as an Irish Trigger - I can see it now

Right. I actually watched Catch-22 again the other week and I'd completely forgotten that Jon Voight was in it. You know, in the Sepp Blatter role.
    Milo Minderbinder. A better film than it's given credit for. Although it split up Simon and Garfunkel, of course.

No, he said 'trigger'.

Milo Minderbinder. A better film than it's given credit for. Although it split up Simon and Garfunkel, of course.
    That was my thought as well. Obviously it's going to be hard to film such a peerless book but an honest try.