Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Something of the Sepp Blatter about Georgey Graham, wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I come to think of it, everyone's finest hour was in A Bridge Too Far.
    Not Gene Hackman's

A fine actor, but casting him as a Polish colonel was a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've never seen that. I like films about Elizabethan playwrights, I'll seek it out.
    Ah, you may be slightly underwhelmed then, in that case. He rarely looked better though

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ah, you may be slightly underwhelmed then, in that case. He rarely looked better though

Yes. Completely miscast, of course, though. Marlowe is described repeatedly as looking like the quintessential rugged, All-American hero. Elliott Gould looks like..well...Elliott Gould.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-02-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Completely miscast, of course, though. Marlowe is described repeatedly as looking like the quintessential rugged, All-American hero. Elliott Gould looks like..well...Elliot Gould.
    Agreed. I love Guy Ritchie but I can never bring myself to watch his Sherlock Holmes for just that same reason. *This* man is Sherlock Holmes

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Not Gene Hackman's

A fine actor, but casting him as a Polish colonel was a bit odd.
    I'm sure he used the same accent for the blind monk in Young Frankenstein

Agreed. I love Guy Ritchie but I can never bring myself to watch his Sherlock Holmes for just that same reason.
    Sherlock Holmes has been so buggered about with now that it's all academic imo.

He'll always be Basil Rathbone to me. Did you know Basil Rathbone won the MC? After his brother was killed, he used to snipe the German front line in broad daylight while dressed as a tree. Bizarrely, he served in the same regiment as Claude Rains and Ronald Colman

Sherlock Holmes has been so buggered about with now that it's all academic imo.

He'll always be Basil Rathbone to me. Did you know Basil Rathbone won the MC? After his brother was killed, he used to snipe the German front line in broad daylight while dressed as a tree. Bizarrely, he served in the same regiment as Claude Rains and Ronald Colman
    Terrific! I didn't know any of that.

Terrific! I didn't know any of that.
    Yes. Extraordinary stuff, isn't it? Apparently, old Basil offed an awful lot of Huns before becoming Sherlock Holmes.