Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something of the Sepp Blatter about Georgey Graham, wasn't there

Something of the Sepp Blatter about Georgey Graham, wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    For the first few years it was like having your dad in charge. He was scary, but comforting, and you couldn't imagine he wasn't infallible.

Then he started to send out teams to commit simple thuggery, and the taste went a bit sour.

I don't mean the taste of your dad. That would be strange and troubling.

Well I think even George's best efforts at embezzlement couldn't match Sepp's, to be fair.

Look at him there, though. Even with arthritic hands he can tie a better tie knot than Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For the first few years it was like having your dad in charge. He was scary, but comforting, and you couldn't imagine he wasn't infallible.

Then he started to send out teams to commit simple thuggery, and the taste went a bit sour.

I don't mean the taste of your dad. That would be strange and troubling.
    You just know he smelled of Old Spice, though, don't you?

And there was something of the Phil Collins' about Blatter. And Robert Vaughans perhaps?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You just know he smelled of Old Spice, though, don't you?
    Monty's dad? Yes, definitely.

If you mean George, I'd have him down more as a Paco Rabanne sort of chap. One feels that George embraced the 80s with gusto.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And there was something of the Phil Collins' about Blatter. And Robert Vaughans perhaps?

Is that one of those fancy Waffen-SS Auslander units?

Monty's dad? Yes, definitely.

If you mean George, I'd have him down more as a Paco Rabanne sort of chap. One feels that George embraced the 80s with gusto.
    Good shout, actually. I seem to remember there used to be tales of him going out on the pull in wine bars and clubs and even - God help us - being seen to cut a rug or two with the ladies during his heyday. He was very much the Alan Pardew of his time in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good shout, actually. I seem to remember there used to be tales of him going out on the pull in wine bars and clubs and even - God help us - being seen to cut a rug or two with the ladies during his heyday. He was very much the Alan Pardew of his time in this respect.
    I wonder if he drank down the Old Kent Road whilst managing Millwall? A target rich environment, in those days. He'd have stood at the end of the bar in his blazer and his Farahs like a slightly better tailored Del Boy.

Is that one of those fancy Waffen-SS Auslander units?
    Probably a local Schützenverein, essentially a jumped-up Karnival concert party organisation committee. You never know though; Mountain Krauts are even stranger folk than the regular variety, aren't they.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."