Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If Wenger does decide to not sign a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    My statement is still relevant.
    Yes, but not in relation to my comment. I was slagging off a totally different loyal servant of Arsenal Football Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wonder if Mesut Ozil could be coached to fly through people's knees?
    Cheaper alternatives would become available, I suspect.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You have a tennis coach?
    I knew someone was going to highlight this. And I knew that someone would do it just this way.

And furthermore, I knew that someone would be you.

Well done me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yeah man. I've making great strides too, apparently. I'm just fine tuning my serve before I smash Ash's c*nt in.
    Presumably he's taught you not to stand in no-mans land and to stop waving the racquet around as if it was a ping-pong paddle.

I haven't hit a ball since around the time we played so I'll need to get my eye in before we play again. Not that my eyes still work at this age anyway. #excusesinearly Mind you, my dad has started playing again after his hip replacement and he's nearly eighty.

'Geeeeeedinto 'em 'Arry 'Arry do your job!'
    OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah!

Kill - kill - kill the bill

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah!

Kill - kill - kill the bill
    I reckon it's just you and me left now h, the only two farts old enough to remember the glory days of squalor and casual violence that made the game so special

I expect if you put us in a time machine and transported us back to the north bank for a Spurs game in 1979 we'd **** ourselves On the other hand, those who didn't live through it would probably top themselves.

I reckon it's just you and me left now h, the only two farts old enough to remember the glory days of squalor and casual violence that made the game so special

I expect if you put us in a time machine and transported us back to the north bank for a Spurs game in 1979 we'd **** ourselves On the other hand, those who didn't live through it would probably top themselves.
    Yep - I remember when we got Millwall in the cup and they invaded the pitch. That was the only real trouble I saw in the ground and that was from the safety of halfway up the North Bank. Funnily enough going to Spurs in those days didn't bother me as much as the last few times I went there more recently. Though walking up Seven Sisters with the loud-mouthed Canuck did almost tempt me to start singing about Spurs and the pope and just taking a good beating

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - I remember when we got Millwall in the cup and they invaded the pitch. That was the only real trouble I saw in the ground and that was from the safety of halfway up the North Bank. Funnily enough going to Spurs in those days didn't bother me as much as the last few times I went there more recently. Though walking up Seven Sisters with the loud-mouthed Canuck did almost tempt me to start singing about Spurs and the pope and just taking a good beating
    Yes, I can see how, the sweet, sweet grip of unconsciousness would appeal in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There were times you would look around the ground in wonder at fights raging in every stand, for fúck's sake.

Mind you, in those days you'd get the shít kicked out of you in the street because of your haircut, or your trousers, or just for having a face

There were times you would look around the ground in wonder at fights raging in every stand, for fúck's sake.

Mind you, in those days you'd get the shít kicked out of you in the street because of your haircut, or your trousers, or just for having a face
    I think the only major trouble I ever saw inside the ground used to be when I went to West Ham's home games with my mate. The police used to stream out of that odd little building in the corner of Upton Park and start laying into everyone whilst being roundly abused by all other parts of the ground.