Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Wenger does decide to not sign a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you reckon George would come back?
    No chance, I'm afraid. 2-3 weeks ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Imagine how he'd preen, walking out at The Emirates.

His direct replacement might be available of course. A man who could bring back all that traditional Arsenal grit, pwide in the shirt and pashun.

Welcome to Arsenal Tony Pulis.
    He'd get the blazer out of the glass cabinet on the wall, don once again the immaculately-pressed grey slacks and Italian loafers of yore, Brylcreem and comb his remaining hair and stride straight back into our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    There is no prospect of the old tit not signing again. No megalomaniac ever relinquishes power voluntarily. You generally have to hit hem over the head with something like a baseball bat.

Remember that old North Bank chant? -

'It 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat
    ON THE 'EAD! - ON THE 'EAD
    'Geeeeeedinto 'em 'Arry 'Arry do your job!'

He'd get the blazer out of the glass cabinet on the wall, don once again the immaculately-pressed grey slacks and Italian loafers of yore, Brylcreem and comb his remaining hair and stride straight back into our hearts.
    He'd have a back four of Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Gabriel. Gibbs and Bellerin on the wings. Coquelin and Xhaka in midfield and Giroud and Welbeck up top.

Ozil and Sanchez would be sold to make way for Shane Long and a big money bid for Jordan Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No chance, I'm afraid. 2-3 weeks ..
    He suffers with the arthritics doesn't he, poor chap?

Oh, well. If AW goes we'll just have to get Don Howe in as caretaker like we used to in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He'd have a back four of Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Gabriel. Gibbs and Bellerin on the wings. Coquelin and Xhaka in midfield and Giroud and Welbeck up top.

Ozil and Sanchez would be sold to make way for Shane Long and a big money bid for Jordan Henderson.
    Sorry, but I think there's still too much flair in that side for George. Who are the Ian Sellys or David Hilliers de nos jours?

All these Italian managers that are so fashionable nowadays went to the same manager school as George anyway. All disciples of Andy Roxburgh apparently
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Do you reckon George would come back?
    My tennis coach at the David Lloyd Centre is good mates with George and tells me he's very nearly wheelchair bound due to crippling arthritis

He suffers with the arthritics doesn't he, poor chap?

Oh, well. If AW goes we'll just have to get Don Howe in as caretaker like we used to in the old days.
    He's got it even worse, I'm afraid to have to tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My tennis coach at the David Lloyd Centre is good mates with George and tells me he's very nearly wheelchair bound due to crippling arthritis
    You have a tennis coach?