Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you supported another team which Arsenal players would you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They were part of a legendary team so sort of
    if only they could have won the CL.

I was watching a show about Ruud van Nistelrooy last night, it made me like him

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    if only they could have won the CL.

I was watching a show about Ruud van Nistelrooy last night, it made me like him
    He's actually quite an interesting character. Not your conventional football type which was why a lot of pros didn't like him. And he made Ronaldo cry

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They were part of a legendary team so sort of
    So Ashley Cole has the dubious honour of being both club legend and pariah (arguably the most hated ex-player of the current game).

Note: I don't dislike Ashley in the slightest in respect of football and related actions

Aaron Ramsey

Although I'd hate him significantly less than I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Aaron Ramsey

Although I'd hate him significantly less than I do now.
    I do admire your consistency in this respect

I am not sure I'd dislike any of them, they are so bland.

More telling, though, I struggle to think of any I would respect, bar Sanchez. And that is the biggest indictment of Wenger's modern Arsenal. Imagine opposition fans not respecting Arsenal players in Bertie Mee's side, or George Graham's, or to be fair the early Wenger years. Unimaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    I am not sure I'd dislike any of them, they are so bland.

More telling, though, I struggle to think of any I would respect, bar Sanchez. And that is the biggest indictment of Wenger's modern Arsenal. Imagine opposition fans not respecting Arsenal players in Bertie Mee's side, or George Graham's, or to be fair the early Wenger years. Unimaginable.
    Surely everyone respects our players, at least footballistically?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Surely everyone respects our players, at least footballistically?
    I think we have the image of playing nice football but we don't win f all.

the nice football has been on a decline a bit imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think we have the image of playing nice football but we don't win f all.

the nice football has been on a decline a bit imo
    Yeah, but we win lots of football matches though. No-one thinks we are a soft touch every week, do they. Most teams playing against us end up losing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, but we win lots of football matches though. No-one thinks we are a soft touch every week, do they. Most teams playing against us end up losing.
    you might go in to a game against Arsenal thinking right. Either we are gonna get spanked or we have a go at them.
    Nothing to lose.

Do you think other fans (top 4 to 6) get worried when we are next on the fixture list? I don't think they do.
    We see Chelsea and Man utd and think oh god, Not so much City or liverpool imo as we sometimes play well.
    Chelsea and United and now the NLD you fear the worse. the NLD tend to be more on the draw side of things.