Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you supported another team which Arsenal players would you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Errmmm...who? And why?
    It's the way he stirs his tea. Sets my teeth on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You can't hate a member of The 100 Club!

Theo's one goal away from becoming an officially recognised Arsenal Legend, man!
    I don't hate him. He irritates me, but I don't hate him. I would if I weren't an Arsenal fan, though.

It's the way he stirs his tea. Sets my teeth on edge.
    That's a pretty shît name drop, m.

You can't hate a member of The 100 Club!

Theo's one goal away from becoming an officially recognised Arsenal Legend, man!
    Would you consider Robin van Persie an Arsenal legend (leaving aside who he went to in in what circumstances). I mean, on one hand you have 132 goals (8th top goalscorer for the club), and one of only 7 players to have won one of the Players of the Year award (and one of only three to have won both in the same year). On the other hand, his career with us was a bit meh really wasn't it. Even his great season was marred by the constant rumors over a move.

I'm not sure either way tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would you consider Robin van Persie an Arsenal legend (leaving aside who he went to in in what circumstances). I mean, on one hand you have 132 goals (8th top goalscorer for the club), and one of only 7 players to have won one of the Players of the Year award (and one of only three to have won both in the same year). On the other hand, his career with us was a bit meh really wasn't it. Even his great season was marred by the constant rumors over a move.

Surely the issue here is the modern day utter gay abandon with which the term "legend" is thrown about.

This is a good one.

I would say he is one of the more gifted players we had but not a legend. He had the potential as you say the way he left doesn't help.

However is Frank Stapleton a legend?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely the issue here is the modern day utter gay abandon with which the term "legend" is thrown about.
    Do all members of the invincible squad become legends automatically?

Lehmann for example looked back fondly.

I look back at him as a ****ing lunatic who cost us the CL final.
    on the other hand he contributed to get us there.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed - football fans, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do all members of the invincible squad become legends automatically?

Lehmann for example looked back fondly.

I look back at him as a ****ing lunatic who cost us the CL final.
    on the other hand he contributed to get us there.
    They were part of a legendary team so sort of

Indeed - football fans, eh
    This term gets also throw about when people are drunk.

You'll turn up and some colleagues will say 'This guy is a ****ing legend' etc

When in reality you've never actually really spoken to these chaps in the past.