Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: F*ck me! Vera Lynn's STILL alive?

F*ck me! Vera Lynn's STILL alive?

I could have sworn she died yonks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Another one. I looked her up the other day, couldn't remember but it struck me she must be going on a 100 and apparently she is. Good knock that

She was in the papers not so long ago talking about her life. I shall shed a small tear when she passes.

'We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when...'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    She was in the papers not so long ago talking about her life. I shall shed a small tear when she passes.

'We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when...'
    Jack Currie told me a lovely story about his time flight training in Atlanta. The Yanquis wanted to put on a show for the troops and the British trainees were tasked with singing 'Blue Birds Over The White Cliffs Of Dover' for the edification of the masses, but under Jack's leadership, they refused. When asked why they were intent on sabotaging the allied war effort, Jack held up a copy of the lyrics. "Just look at this, Sir. It's utter bilge."

If you don't know who Jack Currie is, your soul is condemned to eternal hellfire and damnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Jack Currie told me a lovely story about his time flight training in Atlanta. The Yanquis wanted to put on a show for the troops and the British trainees were tasked with singing 'Blue Birds Over The White Cliffs Of Dover' for the edification of the masses, but under Jack's leadership, they refused. When asked why they were intent on sabotaging the allied war effort, Jack held up a copy of the lyrics. "Just look at this, Sir. It's utter bilge."

If you don't know who Jack Currie is, your soul is condemned to eternal hellfire and damnation.
    Also, for a forces sweetheart, I always thought she was a bit munting.

Also, for a forces sweetheart, I always thought she was a bit munting.
    Everyone looked like that then, though. I think it was the dodgy dentistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Everyone looked like that then, though. I think it was the dodgy dentistry.
    You'd have had to have spent a long time in the Burmese jungle before Vera looked attractive imo.