Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir C what's the word on the street for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How does one "enjoy the cars"?
    It's like looking at pictures of cars. but they move and you can hear the sounds.

How does one "enjoy the cars"?
    there was a much use picture on old Awimb with the Greg Mitchell look-a-like that explains that, sw

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's like looking at pictures of cars. but they move and you can hear the sounds.
    Fair enough.

I fully appreciate some chaps have great interest in cars, just seemed to me an odd turn of phrase, "enjoy the cars".

Fair enough.

I fully appreciate some chaps have great interest in cars, just seemed to me an odd turn of phrase, "enjoy the cars".
    I've never fully committed to an interest in cars. I enjoy the odd moment whilst driving.
    Like flying off when the lights turned green on the Cambridge road so I could get in the right lane to get exit to the shops

It was tremendous. I was well past the junction and all the other suckers still at the lights

Even as a kid I didn't care about cars. I had no interest in Top Trumps that were sports cars, preferring tanks, warplanes and superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Even as a kid I didn't care about cars. I had no interest in Top Trumps that were sports cars, preferring tanks, warplanes and superheroes.
    I had a big box of matchbox cars. I think I liked the police cars the most.

Then when I was about 19 I went a bit car mental for a little while.
    Then failed my test and jacked it in for many years.

Yeah, I suppose I had toy cars, but they were way down the list of my favourites. Action Man, toy soldiers and Lego were all much better.

There's this odd generational thing about driving. For my generation, the day you turned 17 the day your freedom and independence arrived. There is all sorts of romantic guff to spew about a man and his relationship with his car and with the open road, but, more prosaically, what I don't understand about subsequent generations is, what do you do about women? I mean, when you asked a girl out, did you collect her on the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's this odd generational thing about driving. For my generation, the day you turned 17 the day your freedom and independence arrived. There is all sorts of romantic guff to spew about a man and his relationship with his car and with the open road, but, more prosaically, what I don't understand about subsequent generations is, what do you do about women? I mean, when you asked a girl out, did you collect her on the bus?
    It was probably for the best that I failed that test.
    I had already been to the VW dealership. and would have probably got myself locked into some silly finance deal. I was probably on £5 an hour in those days. and when you add the cost of the crazy insurance it wasn't worth it. I am sure out of London the youngsters drive a lot more. Plus living in angel on a busy street I had no where to park and I had no where really to go in this car as I worked around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, I suppose I had toy cars, but they were way down the list of my favourites. Action Man, toy soldiers and Lego were all much better.
    I loved lego. I had the city stuff like the police station, hospital, fire station.

my parents would get annoyed as on the back of the lego box it would show different ideas for what you could do with the set. I'd get ideas and try to recreate them only for it never to work
    They never gave you the instructions for those other layouts.