Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir C what's the word on the street for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO?

Sir C what's the word on the street for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO?

Don't see many Alfa Romeo's about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Don't see many Alfa Romeo's about these days.
    Alfa are making some terrific cars at the moment, f. I have my glw driving a Giulietta Quadrifoglio; it's a charming little thing.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is undoubtedly rapid and apparently highly chuckable, but Alfa appear to be touting it as some sort of M4 beater. If you're looking for BMW build quality and up to the moment technology, the Alfa will disappoint you, but it has a charm and charisma all of its own.

I wouldn't own one out of warranty, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Alfa are making some terrific cars at the moment, f. I have my glw driving a Giulietta Quadrifoglio; it's a charming little thing.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is undoubtedly rapid and apparently highly chuckable, but Alfa appear to be touting it as some sort of M4 beater. If you're looking for BMW build quality and up to the moment technology, the Alfa will disappoint you, but it has a charm and charisma all of its own.

My sister has an Alfa of some sort - do they make them so a grown adult can fit in the passenger seat though?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    My sister has an Alfa of some sort - do they make them so a grown adult can fit in the passenger seat though?
    They're generally pretty spacious in the front - are you sure the seat wasn't pushed right forward?

While I agree your glw is charming, I really don't think you ought to refer to her as 'it'.

I am just thinking for the future. My wife seems to agree to any Italian car purchase. Especially as her dad owned about every single model of Fiat Lancia and Alfa.

I will keep my 500L for a good while yet. I have one complaint about it though. I can't see the speedometer properly as the steering wheel gets in the way.

It doesn't get much use I only use it on the weekends.

The Grand Tour covered the Giulia Quadrifoglio in one of the episodes towards the end of the season. Take a look at it on Amazon Prime or you should be able to find it somewhere on the internet. I think the general consensus of Clarkson was in line with Sir C that it is a cracking car but it will have something that will annoy you or let you down on it at some point. It is an Alfa afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    The Grand Tour covered the Giulia Quadrifoglio in one of the episodes towards the end of the season. Take a look at it on Amazon Prime or you should be able to find it somewhere on the internet. I think the general consensus of Clarkson was in line with Sir C that it is a cracking car but it will have something that will annoy you or let you down on it at some point. It is an Alfa afterall.
    Wouldn't that entail actually enduring a period of time seeing, hearing and actually having to suffer the insufferable cvnt Clarkson though M?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Wouldn't that entail actually enduring a period of time seeing, hearing and actually having to suffer the insufferable cvnt Clarkson though M?
    Well there is that, but you just have to justify it to yourself that "I'm watching it because I enjoy the cars"

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Well there is that, but you just have to justify it to yourself that "I'm watching it because I enjoy the cars"
    How does one "enjoy the cars"?