Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any channels that actually show history programmes.

Are there any channels that actually show history programmes.

like about hitler and that?

The so called history channels I have seem to have men selling items in a pawn shop or looking through storage lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

The so called history channels I have seem to have men selling items in a pawn shop or looking through storage lockers.
    Yesterday shows some decent stuff occasionally, but you need to avoid something called H2, which purports to be a history channel, but is American and has shows like 'Ancient Aliens' on it.

I believe it is called the News these days, p

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yesterday shows some decent stuff occasionally, but you need to avoid something called H2, which purports to be a history channel, but is American and has shows like 'Ancient Aliens' on it.
    One on of them they just have this Curse of Oak Island show. I am not even slightly interested and it's in my neck of the woods.
    Or Hunting Hitler. seemed interesting but I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I believe it is called the News these days, p
    I tend to watch the American news as it's a bit more cheerful.
    And now here is a man in the studio with a dog and here is a charming weather man.

I tend to watch the American news as it's a bit more cheerful.
    And now here is a man in the studio with a dog and here is a charming weather man.
    The best thing about watching the news in America is that you can watch for hours and not hear a single suggestion that any other country than the USA exists.

Have you ever seen the 1970s series 'The World At War'? Other than being made before the story of Bletchley Park was declassified, it is as full and detailed an account of the second world war as you'll find and features interviews with those who were there, and, most importantly, narration by Sir Larry.

I expect you can tinderlode it or whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you ever seen the 1970s series 'The World At War'? Other than being made before the story of Bletchley Park was declassified, it is as full and detailed an account of the second world war as you'll find and features interviews with those who were there, and, most importantly, narration by Sir Larry.

I will have a look for this.
    I did remember watching something recently that was narrated by Charlton Heston which was good.

They've been repeating that on Yesterday lately.

The Nazis: A Warning From History is pretty good, too - albeit not particularly balanced.

I have all 26 episodes on my iPad, downloaded from youtube. Genius. Larry is quite wonderful.