Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: some of Arsene's more questionable moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Squillaci was reputedly a decent defender before he came to Arsenal. We do have a habit of hanging our defenders out to dry tbf.
    Squillaci said afterwards that he'd never played in a team where there was absolutely zero expectation of cover for the back four from midfield

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    First-choice keeper for 3 seasons when we were "broke" and we still managed to finish 3rd twice and 4th once. AW knows?
    Oh Arsene was always very good at top 4 finishes despite all the challenges he faced.

The issue seemed to be that so many of those challenges were created by Arsene Wenger. As such, I'm rather less understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes. Clearly, you've demonstrated it yourself
    I'm not having a pop at AW, y'know.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, the persistence with Almunia was bizarre. Although he seemed like a nice chap, so maybe it was that?
    Nice chaps don't let Ronaldo score from a free kick about 75 yards from goal in a CL semi-final, Burney.

Those are the actions of an utter c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    First-choice keeper for 3 seasons when we were "broke" and we still managed to finish 3rd twice and 4th once. AW knows?
    We finished there despite him, though. And half-decent goalkeepers aren't that expensive.

Starting with Aliadiere in that semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Squillaci said afterwards that he'd never played in a team where there was absolutely zero expectation of cover for the back four from midfield
    Old AW doesn't really believe in defence, does he? He should have been born Brazilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We finished there despite him, though. And half-decent goalkeepers aren't that expensive.
    He had that uncanny ability to turn himself into vapour at times, but in general he was a decent shot stopper and, importantly for an Arsenal keeper, quick off his line to fill the space behind the centre halves. He really wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Starting with Aliadiere in that semi-final.
    Oh, fück yes! I'd forgotten that!

He'd got away with dropping Henry in the cup against United before and clearly thought he'd push his luck.

I may have used some language about him that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    A dreadful day. Chelsea fans were fighting with everyone on the Jubilee line. Two Arsenal fans got into a punch up in the toilet queue at halftime, and sitting in the upper tier at Wembley gave me a migraine .
    I have seemed to erased this game from my mind.
    Is it the game where Fabianski went walkies and Drogba scored? (safe bet saying Drogba scored)