Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore noodles tonight.

Singapore noodles tonight.

Anyone got any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Anyone got any tips?
    Yes. Add the curry powder to the water in which you soak your noodles, as that avoids most of the grittiness.

Alternatively, buy the pre-cooked, ready-yellowed wons from Tesco, which are fine.

I'm doing lamb kebabs in flatbreads with huge amounts of garlic, cumin, coriander and red onion.

I shall smell quite bad tomorrow imo. And I will have humous in my new beard.

I love a Singapore noodle, me.

are you doing the red-tinged pork?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

No, sadly not. I have some leftover chicken and some prawns.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Oh, you've got to do the Char Siu Pork imo. It's dead simple. You just make the marinade, trim the pork loin, add a load of red food colouring to it and leave it for 24 hours in the fridge.

No, sadly not. I have some leftover chicken and some prawns.
    'Leftover chicken'

HA!

Anyone got any tips?
    I quite fancy that too.

On a separate note are there any establishments in China town that are good?
    I haven't been down there for years. I liked this one place that was on loads of levels. the staff were a bit shouty.

'How many?' 2 please 'ok upstairs upstairs' 'you go'

All the chinese fellas could stay downstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, you've got to do the Char Siu Pork imo. It's dead simple. You just make the marinade, trim the pork loin, add a load of red food colouring to it and leave it for 24 hours in the fridge.
    Char Siu Pork He always scored against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Add the curry powder to the water in which you soak your noodles, as that avoids most of the grittiness.

Alternatively, buy the pre-cooked, ready-yellowed wons from Tesco, which are fine.

I'm doing lamb kebabs in flatbreads with huge amounts of garlic, cumin, coriander and red onion.

I shall smell quite bad tomorrow imo. And I will have humous in my new beard.
    Excellent advice, I shall do so.

You should try these flatbreads, available from Ocado. Better than anything I can make at home.

http://www.crostamollica.com/product...da-flatbreads/

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I quite fancy that too.

On a separate note are there any establishments in China town that are good?
    I haven't been down there for years. I liked this one place that was on loads of levels. the staff were a bit shouty.

'How many?' 2 please 'ok upstairs upstairs' 'you go'

All the chinese fellas could stay downstairs
    You have to remember that the Chinese hate us, f. Not only are they spectacularly racist, but they're also still cross about the Opium Wars.