Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Sutton Utd for beating Dirty Leeds.

Congrats to Sutton Utd for beating Dirty Leeds.

I wish them luck against Spurs in the last 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I wish them luck against Spurs in the last 16.
    Chelsea v Lincoln then, you reckon

I think we get Spurs, or Chelsea.

Big one anyway. Obviously based on absolutely fúck all.

Post reported to Jorge.

And . . . we need Dirty Leeds in the top flight, istr
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Post reported to Jorge.

And . . . we need Dirty Leeds in the top flight, istr
    Yeah, never understood that argument. I like Leeds as a city, spent three years there and have very fond memories thereof, but always found its football team utterly fücking loathsome. The idea that they were 'a big club' was rubbish. They had a heyday in the late sixties and early 70s, got relegated for most of the 80s, spawned a league win in the early 90s (because Man U choked) and then hung around being a pain in the hole on money they didn't have and then fûcked off back where they belonged.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, never understood that argument. I like Leeds as a city, spent three years there and have very fond memories thereof, but always found its football team utterly fücking loathsome. The idea that they were 'a big club' was rubbish. They had a heyday in the late sixties and early 70s, got relegated for most of the 80s, spawned a league win in the early 90s (because Man U choked) and then hung around being a pain in the hole on money they didn't have and then fûcked off back where they belonged.
    ****ed us over once or twice back when we were very good under AW, the 1-0 at their place and the horrible result at Highbury around 2003.

For that alone I dislike them and would not welcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    ****ed us over once or twice back when we were very good under AW, the 1-0 at their place and the horrible result at Highbury around 2003.

One of my earliest football memories is of their fans being penned into Thornton Heath station by police with dogs preparatory to a deeply boring game that they won 0-1 against the 'Team of the 80s' in a season in which both sides got relegated. The abiding memory was of sitting behind the goal watching John Lukic bounce the ball interminably before finally hoofing it upfield to create yet another uninspiring bout of godawful football.

Cup Final 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Cup Final 1972
    I was 4-5, difficult to really stir hatred in me at that stage.

I was 4-5, difficult to really stir hatred in me at that stage.
    A couple of years ahead of you SW. I was so gutted when Leeds won in 72 that I realised that day I was gonna be a Gooner from then on!