Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas, Welbz and Feo are fighting for one place if Alexis starts up front, or the

Lucas, Welbz and Feo are fighting for one place if Alexis starts up front, or the

bench if Olly starts.

In some ways it was easier when we had a settled front 4 and Skiltord as cover/1st sub for any of the positions. But it's hard to choose who to play out of those 3. There's a good case for all. Welbz scores 2 first start back. Feo a hat-trick after playing great before his injury, too.

And Lucas has 11 goals and assists in 15 starts, I think, which is very tidy. One assist and two pre-assists yesterday.

It was a tasty front 3 on it's own. And that's without Ox - though he may get more games in MF now as he looked good there - he normally does - and we have so many wide forwards.

So could Ox play the Santi role? And who should start wide if we play Alexis central and Iwobi? And do we bring Olly back or play with a pacy front 3 and Olly as a super-sub?

Not long ago we only had Sanogo up front. Now our cup runneth over. At least AW can do what he used to when he was chasing the game and just keep chucking on forwards until we scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    bench if Olly starts.

In some ways it was easier when we had a settled front 4 and Skiltord as cover/1st sub for any of the positions. But it's hard to choose who to play out of those 3. There's a good case for all. Welbz scores 2 first start back. Feo a hat-trick after playing great before his injury, too.

And Lucas has 11 goals and assists in 15 starts, I think, which is very tidy. One assist and two pre-assists yesterday.

It was a tasty front 3 on it's own. And that's without Ox - though he may get more games in MF now as he looked good there - he normally does - and we have so many wide forwards.

So could Ox play the Santi role? And who should start wide if we play Alexis central and Iwobi? And do we bring Olly back or play with a pacy front 3 and Olly as a super-sub?

Not long ago we only had Sanogo up front. Now our cup runneth over. At least AW can do what he used to when he was chasing the game and just keep chucking on forwards until we scored.
    Good post, G. I couldn't be happier with the situation #It'sOn
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good post, G. I couldn't be happier with the situation #It'sOn
    Yes, a very positive range of options up top. He did use the word pre-assist though, which might get a few people queueing up to put the boot in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    bench if Olly starts.

Surely Sanchez is the only guaranteed starter and there's two places up for grabs?

I wouldn't get too carried away about Welbeck just yet. He was playing against the Southampton second team Saturday and has looked awfully average against PL teams for an awfully long time. I'm afraid I'd need to see goals like those on a more consistent basis and against better teams before I got excited about him.

Perez, on the other hand, has looked very good this year. Perez Ozil and Walcott behind Sanchez seems like a rather good idea. Further back I have no idea mostly because I'm not convinced Wenger does either.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Perez, on the other hand, has looked very good this year. Perez Ozil and Walcott behind Sanchez seems like a rather good idea. Further back I have no idea mostly because I'm not convinced Wenger does either.
    Perez is looking a super buy, if he can get the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think he's going to be one of these chaps who really comes into his own after his first season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Very impressed with his all-round play. **** finish at the end

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I wouldn't get too carried away about Welbeck just yet. He was playing against the Southampton second team Saturday and has looked awfully average against PL teams for an awfully long time. I'm afraid I'd need to see goals like those on a more consistent basis and against better teams before I got excited about him.

I concur with 100% of this contribution.

Nice to see DW back in his average groove but I must admit I stopped watching after the 3rd.

The Southampton manager should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

Why?

He's got his side to Wembley for the first trophy of the season and getting knocked out of the FA Cup has given them a two week break before the Final. Much greater chance of winning the EFL thingy than the FA Cup and the sides other managers put out this week-end shows that the FA Cup doesn't rank much higher in their priorities than the League Cup any more.