Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We've been there over 10 years. So do you actually like the Emirates Stadium?

We've been there over 10 years. So do you actually like the Emirates Stadium?

Feels like home now. It was a bit weird for the first few years.

I think the 'Arsenalisation' project was a good idea, and the little bits the fans add to it is good.

I thought the place was a bit too red inside as in seat wise. It's hard to explain. it was either concrete or red. it's toned down a bit now.

Don't like those big flag things though.

As many have said should have put the away fans off camera, and I would have liked if the main camera was on the other side of the stadium as I liked at highbury when you can see what's going on on the benches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Feels like home now.
    The doggy banner tops it off nicely.

I think the 'Arsenalisation' project was a good idea, and the little bits the fans add to it is good.

I thought the place was a bit too red inside as in seat wise. It's hard to explain. it was either concrete or red. it's toned down a bit now.

As many have said should have put the away fans off camera, and I would have liked if the main camera was on the other side of the stadium as I liked at highbury when you can see what's going on on the benches.
    I still miss standing on the North Bank, p

As far as TV goes, The lower camera angle at Highbury along with the narrower pitch made things more intimate. Well, that and half the attendance.

My recollection is that the Highbury camera was on the same side as the benches, but they had a camera on the other side ( in the corner as I recall) that they used for bench shots. Am I totally wrong about this?

Also, remain unconvinced there were actual people in the east stand. "They" remained motionless throughout the match. Cardboard cutouts perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    As far as TV goes, The lower camera angle at Highbury along with the narrower pitch made things more intimate. Well, that and half the attendance.

My recollection is that the Highbury camera was on the same side as the benches, but they had a camera on the other side ( in the corner as I recall) that they used for bench shots. Am I totally wrong about this?

Also, remain unconvinced there were actual people in the east stand. "They" remained motionless throughout the match. Cardboard cutouts perhaps?
    Dare I say it I prefer the low angle they use at White Hart Lane. Much better than that high up from out of space behind a bollard angle.

East stand was pretty quiet at times that I went. But the tunnel and benches were at the bottom of the east stand with the camera from the West stand facing towards it.

Yes you are totally wrong about that
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I am not sure the pitch at the new ground is that much wider than that at Highbury. That was one of the very common misconceptions about the move to the new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am not sure the pitch at the new ground is that much wider than that at Highbury. That was one of the very common misconceptions about the move to the new stadium.
    1m wider, 5m longer......although wikipedia says field size rather than actual pitch size, I assume the run off area is larger at Emirates

I miss the old clock end and north bank stands pre-seating
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman